“Kress Inn - satisfied update - AAA+++ organizaiton”

Kress Inn, An Ascend Hotel Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in De Pere
Madison, Wisconsin
“Kress Inn - satisfied update - AAA+++ organizaiton”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Really pleased to share this update and the positive, attentive communication that I received and appreciated, after our last visit. I shared my concerns with the Kress Inn Manager, Ms. Nikolay, after our last stay - Ms. Nikolay was compassionate to my concerns and swift to action - her sincerity and resolutions went above and beyond my expectations. I understand things don't always go "according to Hoyle" and I believe you truly learn the quality of the business and it's people when the business, their employees, and processes get tested when something goes amiss. We enjoy staying at the Kress Inn, clearly a quality facility and organization - thank you Ms Nikolay for taking time to listen to my concerns and your swift resolution. We'll be back soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Thin walls but great amenities! I can hear every word of my neighbors personal phone conversation, which is upsetting as I am trying to fall asleep. The desk, fridge and microwave and excellent touches though. The second sink in this room is unnecessary as I am traveling by myself; this would be a great place to stay with someone for multiple nights in a row

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Molly A
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband and I travel quite a bit for business and leisure. We have high standards, and the Kress Inn surpassed my expectations. I personally want hotel rooms that are clean, quiet, and cozy - and the Kress Inn gave me just that. The staff were friendly and accommodating and it was a pleasure! I look forward to staying their in the future! Excellent!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CC-ELL
Laura N, General Manager at Kress Inn, An Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
We are so pleased that the Kress Inn surpassed your expectations. Our staff takes great pride in providing an extremely clean and friendly hotel and we are so happy that you were able to experience that first hand during your stay. It is our hope that each guest that enters our lobby feels the warmth and cozy nature of our Inn. We can’t wait to welcome you back during your next visit to the area!
Gladstone, Michigan
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed here for the first time with a Gift Certificate. The folks were friendly and the room spacious. I have never seen a bathroom that huge in a hotel room. I was on the 3rd floor looking down over a parking lot. The room was very quiet but had trouble locking the door. Had to get the attendant to help with it. The bed was comfy and the room was equipped with Microwave,Frig, Flat Screen and plenty of closet, dresser space. The halls were wide and long. There were plenty of folks on our floor and there was some noise later in the evening. Another University Basketball team was staying there for a game and took many of the rooms. Came down for breakfast and the breakfast room and Lobby was overflowing. They were out of a lot of breakfast items including coffee, had to make more. Get down there early if you like choices....There is no pool and the exercise room is very small. Not room for more than 2 people. Parking except for a few handicap space is across the street in an adjoining lot. I would recommend this place if you don't pay full price. Otherwise unless you need to be at St. Norbert or De Pere and have no wheels I would find somewhere more affordable.

This hotel does have a history of famous people like Charles Lindburgh and the Dutchess of York staying there and has pictures on the wall to document it.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the elevator towards the back of the building. Make sure the door lock works...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank scholr27
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 6, 2013

It seemed like a tall order -- a hotel for a couple's last-minute getaway ... in the greater Green Bay area ... just before the weekend of a Packer game. Enter the Kress Inn, a hidden jewel in the lovely town of DePere, just south of Green Bay (but a world away). On (or right next to) the St. Norbert College campus, the Kress Inn is beautiful, well-run, clean, well-appointed, comfortable, quiet, and staffed with friendly, helpful people. And with all of that, it is very reasonably priced. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Kress and can attest to the truth of the Norbertine tradition of "radical hospitality." There's an old story of how the late Queen Juliana of the Netherlands once visited a Dutch island in the Caribbean and spent some rare time alone on a boat ride down a beautiful river; when she disembarked, she said to her host, "Thank you so much -- I've been myself for half an hour." That's how we felt after our stay at the Kress -- we'd been ourselves for a while.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LWinWI
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 11, 2013

As a returning guest, overall our visit was comfortable and pleasant. However, from the minute I made our reservation, I felt things were just "off" slightly; confirmation was messed up, I didn't find the staff as accommodating and knowledgeable as I have in the past. Our reservation was made months in advance, for a whirlpool / fireplace suite - only to be checked into a room with no view. Carpet in the room was stained, drywall poorly patched in the whirlpool area - rattly window grates every time the door opened and closed. No cookies at the front desk. I was disappointed to have our rate double for the Saturday evening stay as it was a Green Bay Packer game weekend, and have it rationalized as - "that's what other properties in the area are doing", "we're just staying competitive". Generally, I was disappointed that the Kress hospitality that we've enjoyed in past seemed to lacking, if not gone. Although the property is small, quiet and generally comfortable - I don't believe I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LaCrosseIndians
Laura N, Manager at Kress Inn, An Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel from this past weekend. I am so sorry that you encountered a less than satisfying stay while you were here at the Kress Inn; it is certainly not what we strive for or expect any of our guests to experience. We pride ourselves on making each guest feel comfortable by serving as a home away from home as we welcome each traveler to our Inn. I have already begun addressing each of these points from your stay with the appropriate staff. From Management, Maintenance, and Front Desk it sounds like we all had a part in your stay not being the best it could be. I have sent you a separate email detailing what we have done to hopefully accommodate you for your disappointment in your stay. We do hope that you will reconsider and give us another try to live up to the expectations we have for our staff and our Inn. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any further needs. Thank you.
Hidden Valley Lake, California
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Very charming, glad it is part of Choicehotels. Had a comfortable stay for business. Lots of bars and restaurants within walking distance, complete with Green Bay Packer hospitality. Shower was incredible. Loved the workspace counter bar area. The only drawback was that I was not upgraded as a Platinum member even though there were very few people staying that night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
#4 of 41 in Green Bay
Wingate by Wyndham Green Bay/Airport
Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Green Bay

Been to Kress Inn, An Ascend Hotel Collection? Share your experiences!