New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Madison North

Comfort Inn & Suites Madison North
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in DeForest
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Place to Stay - Easy Access”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Great Place to Stay. Right off of Interstate 39,90 and 94...about 15 minutes north of downtown Madison. Comfortable, clean and great staff. We stayed here during not the best of weather and enjoyed the exercise room with TV, pool and spa. The morning breakfast staff and food/beverages hit the spot before heading out for the day. Stayed here 5 consecutive nights and would highly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cicares, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Madison North, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. In Wisconsin the WINTER can be unpredictable and we do wish sometime for warmer temperatures, but at least the pool was a welcome site for you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We are currently in Madison for 2 nights for a state swim meet. We picked this hotel based on previous reviews. When we checked in late last night we were not greeted by the front desk associate. I guess I would at the very least expect a "hello" or "good evening". She just looked at me and waited for me to speak. Upon checking into the room, one key didn't even work. The beds, while not uncomfortable, were stained and filthy all around them. There were several hairs on 2 of our pillows, as well as more hairs in the shower...even on the ceiling! Breakfast was okay at best. Watery eggs, bagels were crumbly and tasteless...not sure how you can mess up a bagel. The kitchen workers were at least pleasant and made sure the food was kept up. The fridge in our room sounds like a time bomb ticking. I had to unplug it during the night because it was keeping me up. The heater turned on every 5 minutes and blew freezing cold air on our bed for about 30 seconds straight. I have stayed at a lot of hotels and do not feel that I am all that picky. I don't set my expectations too high, but I want to at least feel that the room has been cleaned and the bed linens have been washed prior to my arrival. We didn't use the pool so I can't comment on that. All in all, very disappointed for a $100 per night room.

Room Tip: It is about a 30 minute drive from the campus in Madison.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
cicares, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Madison North, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Sorry you were disappointed with your accommodation during your stay. I will consult with my staff and review with them these concerns. We strive to make our guests experience a pleasant, memorable and content one, but sometimes these expectations are not obtained. The training on personal services has been addressed and we aim to improve these services.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

I was overcharged on my bill and it took months to resolve the problem. overall the rooms are good but contacting anyone that is in charge of billing is next to impossible. And you might get charges on your credit card 4 months after your stay.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We have set up a better platform so this action does not occur again. Your concerns determined that more communication regarding billing issues was needed so that this will not happen in the future.
Bovey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We have stayed closer to Madison for a few years as we travel south and our return trip north and have been disappointed each time. We decided to try this Comfort Inn for a change. We were pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. There was work space and an easy chair in the room, along with refrigerator and microwave for convenience. The desk staff was quick and efficient. There was a sitting area on the second floor where I could work and be comfortable and not interfere with my husband's tv watching. We were especially pleased with the breakfast selection (one of the important things when we travel). We will make this our stop each year on our way south and north.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paula G
Pottsville, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

The first overnight of our vacation trip was very enjoyable. The front desk was notably efficient at getting us checked in. Our room on the second floor was terrific. Plenty of space to stretch out after a long day of driving. The bathroom was very clean and well stocked with the standard toiletries. The room had plenty of light and a convenient workspace for my computer. There was a wedding reception going on when we arrived which sort of filled the parking lot, but we were able to find a space not far from the stairway. The king-sized bed was very comfortable and I enjoyed a good night's sleep. Having a refrigerator in the room was a plus. allowing us to chill our beverages for the next day's drive. (We had a cooler along for our drinks.) Breakfast was actually better than most and the choices were excellent - basically, something for everyone. Check-out was a breeze and made the entire stay a real pleasure. The best thing I can say is that I would not hesitate to stay here again. If you are looking for a fantastic value, a very clean, comfortable room, and a convenient location to I-39, this is definitely the place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RevRaz
Carmel, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

We LOVED our stay at the Comfort Inn in Deforest. They have a regular pool, kiddie pool and very large hot tub. Was shocked to see it used salt water process that I have only seen in high end resorts in Florida. The price was great (awesome actually). Breakfast was good with a lot of variety. Staff was friendly. Had a maintenance issue that was fixed within 15 minutes of calling front desk. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: They sold out of extra beds before we arrived.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sales5025, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Madison North, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Indianapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed 5 nights while at a conference and found this hotel to be functional and clean. The room included a couch, coffee table, microwave and small frig. The pool area had a whirlpool, pool and kiddy pool. The breakfast is adequate and there's a small bar and conference center on site. The bedding was the least favorite part of the stay - very industrial. My room had dusty corners and an old beer next to the bedside table. I mentioned it to the staff and they cleaned a little more carefully the next day. The hotel is right off the interstate but it's about 30 minute drive to downtown Madison and 45 minutes to WI Dells. That said - there are a nice assortment of local restaurants within a 10-15 minute drive.

Room Tip: Ask if you can get a room on the backside facing the cornfield. It will be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeForest
Holiday Inn Express Deforest (Madison Area)
Quality Inn & Suites
#17 of 61 in Madison
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#2 of 6 in Portage

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Madison North? Share your experiences!