“Average dinner”

DE Forest Family Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 18 Restaurants in DeForest
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Average dinner”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

In this quiet town there are not a lot of choices. This is a nice large clean dinner. The specials are enticing along with all the standard items on the menu. I had the beer batter smelt, for a change. It was average, nothing was bad or outstanding. Just a solid meal with average service.
If I'm in the area again, I'll probably be back.

• Visited May 2013

Bladenboro, North Carolina
“Great Family Restaurant”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

It was a very large crowd for breakfast after my sisters wedding, and some of us came at different times. We were seated and catered to the whole time. Very nice staff, very helpful. Will return!

Visited April 2013
Portage, Wisconsin
“good food, fast, great value”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and I stopped here. The service was fast, food was hot, everything we ordered was good. I got the omelette which was large and tasted good. Very satisfied.
In fact do Not stop further down the road at Sunset Grill, total ripoff! Way overpriced. Just keep driving.

• Visited February 2013
De Forest, WI
“Inexpensive Local Diner, Family Feeling, Showing Age”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

If you've spent time in Wisconsin, you know almost every town has a local diner that has a very broad menu, a tiny salad bar, and gives you the feeling that the establishment is owned and operated by a family. The food is earnestly made, the service is provided by good people working hard and doing their best, and overall it is a decent experience so long as you are not expecting too much. This is De Forest's entry into that category.

So long as you don't go too exotic with your selections, you will have a pleasant meal at a good value. You'll see that the carpet is wearing, the pictures aren't quite straight on the walls, there are a lot of tables in a small space, but none of this makes it bad.

I would recommend it if you're looking for a quick burger with the kids, or a decent Saturday morning family breakfast. I wouldn't take business meetings here, I wouldn't take a date here, but it's fine to bring the kids and not worry too much about the noise they might make.

• Visited March 2013
“Who was running the restaurant today?”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We were seated immediately. We asked for coffee. 10+ minutes later, still no coffee or waters. We left. The owners weren't there? The regular " team" wasn't there. It's usually very busy on Saturday mornings. We've always enjoyed good food and exceptional service. Hoping the family is ok and didnt sell?