“Comfort Food!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had been here years before and had remembered it was a place we wanted to return on our way thru Wisconsin.....it did not disappoint. My husband had a steak which he enjoyed---I had a pulled beef sandwich special---the seasoning was really good---it is their homemade soups that we really enjoy and you get a little loaf of fresh baked bread------the staff are all super too. Pine Cone is on our list to return to again.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Their omelets are to die for! I've driven past this restaurant/gas station for years and never realized what a good meal it served. It doesn't look like much at all - just a hole in the wall - but aren't these the hidden gems? The food is spectacular and the wait staff is great. They have huge desserts you can buy to take with you, as well. I have never seen such big elephant ears or doughnuts!

Definitely stop and give it a try and see if I'm not right!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stop for steak and eggs a few times a month and some of the steaks have alot of fat and grissel on them and when you tell management they do not care whether your meal was good are not cuz they are not gonna make it right.I drive truck and we erat where we can park not always because the food is good and i am gonna stop going here.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is actually a truck stop. But you know what they say about truck stops. You get plenty of food and the food is usually pretty good. Certainly not a 4 or 5 star restaurant, but if you are looking to just fill the void with some decent food this works.
You'll first be amazed when you enter & see in their bakery case. Everything is like it's on steroids. The cookies are the size of Mars, etc.
Oh, and when you get your dinner one dinner roll is the size of a loaf of bread.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Although it is a traveler and truck stop this restaurant also pulls in locals. People are delighted with the large portions and fair pricing. I suggest getting the special of the day.