“Not up to standards”

Dining options: Reservations
california
“Not up to standards”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Our family has been going to the 5 O'clock for 30 years. On our last visit. We called and made reservations. On arrival we were told to wait in the bar....we were there for 40 minutes when we were asked if we wanted to eat. What happened to the reservation. One of the party was anxious to get the Walleye ...when we ordered we were told that they were our of walleye, so a big dissapointment. Other entrees were just so so. Not a good experience.

1 Thank jbc930

Owatonna, Minnesota
“Possibly the best food I've ever eaten”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We took a fall road trip into Wisconsin, mostly to go to Hayward for the incredible fudge at Trimblays, but that is another post. Found this wonderful back road restuarant on trip advisor and thought we would go there for our anniversary. Called ahead for reservations (luckily) and when we got there the place was packed. Sat at the bar while waiting for our table and had a Mango Margarita which was very tasty. Got seated right on time. This place was packed. The waitresses were very busy, but we weren't in any hurry. They brought out fresh made bread, very good! And then for the main meal I had the fresh scallops and shrimp florentine. It was by far the BEST PASTA dish I have ever had. I have never tasted anything so unique. Hubby had sirloin delmonico with augratin potatoes and the food was all wonderful. Little pricy, but will definately come back. This is a hidden treasure.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Barb47MN
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“food service decor & deck dining”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I took my wife to the 5 O'Clock club for our aniversary dinner. Great food, I had firecracker shrimp stir fry and my wife had grilled shrimp. The bread was warm and fresh, our salad was fresh and tasty. Service was excellent (very attentive)! We ate in the main restaurant which was decorated in the tratitional north woods rustic pine and the outside deck dining area was also large and entertaining with a nice view of the lake. Cocktails were great and all was fair priced. I would strongly recommend making reservations for weekend dining or at the least, eat a little later in the evening. This was our first visit to the 5 O'Clock club and we will definately be back.

• Visited August 2012
“Family favorite”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We have taken the 45 minute drive here for family celebrations for years. The Walleye when available is fabulous. Nice setting in the country. Very friendly staff.

Visited October 2011
Peoria, Illinois
“Had a Delightful Time”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The 5 O'clock club has a great bar with beautiful views of big granite lake. I found the staff to be very friendly, attentive, and I had a great time. The people who served me really love the food and their enthusiasm for the place was contagious. They have the best bloody Mary's ever! Rich and delicious, they make their own mix that you will crave until you can get back just like I do. I also must tell you about two of their appetizers. First, you must try their fried mushrooms served with this awesome dipping sauce. They also have the best fried shrimp. Mine were big and juicy with the best breading. I can't wait until my next visit. I wish that I was not 400 miles away.

• Visited July 2012