“Quick and Clean!”

Amerivu Inn and Suites Cumberland
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cumberland
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I was passing through town as i saw this property, and needed a place to stay. It was about 2 AM about 2 AM but service was available as it is 24 hours and within a couple of minutes of me picking up the phone to notify the desk I was there, the lady at the desk was available to help. The service was very friendly and took not long at all and was priced reasonably. I didn't have time to go to the pool but it looked very well taken care off. The breakfast consisted of cereal, donuts/ other snacks, milk, juice, bagels, bananas and apples, which was all i needed. I would recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed April 11, 2014

The room was clean. But cold. We lost heat in the middle of the night. No one was at the front desk, and we realized the person who manned the desk was probably asleep in her room and we didn't think she could do anything anyhow. So we sat in our winter coats from 3:30am to the 7am breakfast and then left. We never saw anyone at the desk the whole time.
The breakfast was all carbs, white bread, white bagels, HoHos and prepackaged rolls. No fresh fruit or yogurt. No eggs, no meat.
The pool was nice, but there were no pool towels. I had to run down a cold hallway, ring the bell at the desk for help and wait for towels. I was wet and cold.
There were extra charges when we checked in we were unaware of. But the person at the desk told us to read the fine print. So beware of this.
I did contact the hotel and request a partial refund because of the lack of heat. I have gotten no response.
I am very sad at the results of this stay. I will not stay here again and would not recommend this hotel to freinds.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BillKarenS8898
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My family and I stayed at this motel in Noivember and it was really nice. The motel was very clean and the rooms were dust free. Beds wer comfortable and the pool was a nice touch to end the day of right. The customer service was quick. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Very clean rooms and comfortable mattresses. However, mattress on sleeper sofa was horrible; not worth the extra money for the suite to accommodate extra people as you really can't sleep on it. We were also charged an extra $10/night for my 16 year old, uncommon in the industry. Breakfast consisted of sugary carbs (no protein or fruit) so plan to eat out if you want a decent meal. The hotel is non-smoking, although it must have allowed smoking in the past as I could still detect a lingering odor (although I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke). Stayed for 3 nights and ran out of Kleenex on day 1, but it was never replenished. Shampoo and bar soap was also never replenished; conditioner was nonexistent. Sheets were clean but threadbare. Low grade towels as you would expect in a budget hotel, but this place was far from a budget price. Paid $129-$149 for the "suite" (2 queen beds plus a sleeper sofa; one old TV, dated furnishings), but when you're the nicest hotel in town I guess you can charge a premium for subpar service. Would only stay there again if absolutely necessary.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had Friday and Sat pm reservations in a block of rooms designated for a wedding that was held late on Saturday afternoon. When we arrived on Friday, they couldn't "find" our Saturday reservation. The young male and female staff member were so rude about the problem, it was unbelievable. They informed us that we HAD to stay in their hotel on Friday night, per their cancellation fees. This meant that we had to checkout by 10am and not check in to the new hotel until 2pm for a 4 pm wedding. A long discussion ensued, but they told us over and over that "this wasn't their problem". No apologies were ever made and when we asked to speak to the owner, they just laughed at us and said that he would be nastier to us than they were.
As I checked for paper work on our reservation, I realized that I had none. No email confirmation or letter was ever sent. If you ever decide to stay there, be sure to have something written. Even if you have something, there is a disclaimer on the checkin counter stating that they may not honor it.
As far as the room goes, you can see through the bath towels, they left us 1 kleenex in the kleenex box and 3 strips of toilet paper on the roll. The continental breakfast was like eating cardboard.
This hotel should go out of business.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank travelingbuckeye2
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The rooms were very clean and the stay was great, it almost didnt seem like a motel because of cleanliness. The check in was quick and the pool water was clean. I would recommend staying, clean and affordable motel in a little town.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of hotels over the years, but the experience I had at the Cumberland Inn and Suites was by far the worse. It wasn't just because my room smelled or that the beds were super uncomfortable but I was treated horribly. The staff were down right rude. They gripped about giving me my AAA discount, because I booked it online (which was THEIR website which didn't give me an option for a discount at the time of booking) I booked two nights and told them Friday that I would not be staying on Saturday. The desk clerk told me that there was a 48 hour cancellation policy. She was uncompromising and unhelpful even though I was unsatisfied. When I asked politely to speak to the manager, I knew I was in trouble when she said she was it. She went as far to tell me she will NOT be speaking to the owner. I wouldn't mind it if I was paying under $100 a night, but for $150+, you would think there would be maid service or at least a dry towel for the next day. If you have no choice and need to stay, don't forget soap, hair conditioner and toothpaste. It will save you a, "who do you think we are? The Ritz?"

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumberland
Cobblestone Inn & Suites Barron
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake
AmeriVu Inn & Suites
AmeriVu Inn & Suites
#6 of 8 in Rice Lake
AmeriVu Inn and Suites - Shell Lake
Best Western Spooner Riverplace
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rice Lake

Been to Amerivu Inn and Suites Cumberland? Share your experiences!