“Don't drive by, stay and eat”
Review of Sheridan House

Sheridan House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cudahy
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

The Sheridan is my new favorite stop in the World, the accommodations where fit for a King...& Queen, decor beautiful , the bed was over the top comfortable, the staff went out of their way to make sure everything was to our liking, oh, the food, had dinner out first night and breakfast this morning, the only thing better than the food was the service. I will definitely be staying again.

Congratulations on a job well done, John

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank John M

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Today was my first and last visit to Sheridan House. I'm even the one in the group who made the suggestion. Our waitress clearly did not want to be there. I have never had such an unfriendly waitress. Then when she was paid she thought she was getting the entire thing. I think not. I asked for change which would mean to anyone else change. She gives me a single bill back. Thankfully I could make change. She got a $6.00 dollar tip which was about $6.00 too much. The other thing is I had a berry salad. It was $12.00. You've got to be kidding. Just some lettuce, very little dressing and about 7 berries. That's a downtown price for a Cudahy salad. It was very cute inside and bathrooms were very nice and clean. Won't be going back though.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Susan B
SheridanHouse, Public Relations Manager at Sheridan House, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Thank you for letting us know about your experience at Sheridan's cafe. Please know we are aware of the situation that led to your salad being beneath our high standards. We invite you to return as our guest and have a salad of your choice! We apologize for your experience, please allow us to make it up to you. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Near Milwaukee's airport and Downtown, this exceptional guest house & restaurant is a jewel. On the lake, on the golf course, at the city center of the quiet neighborhood community of Cudahy, WI, this was the perfect place to get away from Milwaukee's downtown's bustle and go for a run or walk, visit with friendly locals, and get an incredibly comfortable night's rest. This is one of the best small hotel's I've ever stayed in. Great artistic touches all over this remodeled historic building. A lovely stay for Mom and daughter in town on business.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank SuzyBPack
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This is a MUST stay for anyone looking for a quaint and romantic getaway. The rooms are gorgeous and no detail is left undone. The food and service are devine. Very easy commute to downtown Milwaukee and minutes from the airport. Great for business travelers also. It rivals the Pfister which is very hard to do.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rebecca W
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We have stayed once at the Sheridan House and will be going back again this weekend based on our previous stay. Room is beautiful, SPOTLESS (which is VERY important to me) and very quiet. The decorations are cozy and elegant, Bed and bedding were soft, well maintained and CLEAN. The bathroom was bright, very pretty and offered plenty of space, shower was very luxurious and the instructions on how to use the various shower jets were easy to understand and follow. I highly recommend a drink and snack at Sheridan's which is located within the hotel so its just a stroll back to your room. The cocktails at Sheridan's were inventive and tasty, They made my husband a custom drink per his request and did it perfectly without any issues. The owner who checked us in was friendly and efficient and you could tell takes great pride in her establishment. All our servers and bartenders at Sheridans were friendly, knowledgeable about the menu and drinks, and familiar with the surrounding area and its attractions. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a romantic, upscale getaway close to Milwaukee!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shannon7281
SheridanHouse, Public Relations Manager at Sheridan House, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you Shannon! Your positive feedback is truly appreciated. We work very hard to meet, and hopefully exceed, our guests' expectations. Be sure to visit us online periodically and take advantage of our Guestroom Packages and Specials. We're very happy you enjoyed your stay and your dining experience at Sheridan's, hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I bought a Living Social deal. We stayed two nights in the S. African room. The fireplace was on when we checked in, along with chilled champagne and chocolate truffles. The king size bed was fabulous and the bathroom was a huge spa, fantastic shower with heat in the ceiling, and the spa robes. We had free drinks with our dinner(great fish fry) on Friday, and ten dollars off our Sunday brunch. The restaurant is just as beautiful as the rooms. It was a very relaxing and enjoyable weekend, and we would definitely go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I found a deal on livingsocial for this B&B and thought it was absolutely perfect, seeing as how it was only 10 miles away from the concert we were going to. We ended up paying over $170 (not including later charges) for the South Africa room for two nights (they charged us over $20 in tax) but were asked to leave the next morning and did not get to finish our stay. Don't get me wrong - The atmosphere is nice, as well as the service. The bed we stayed in was a king size amazing and the shower was so nice that I took four of them while I was there, but there's a few things to keep in mind about this place before you choose it.

First of all, it's in a nice location that has bad locations all around it. This doesn't help with feeling safe while you're traveling from place to place. Secondly, the food is overpriced and under-portioned. I got lucky by getting a $10 gift card and a voucher for two free drinks with the livingsocial deal, and only had to pay $5 for the food I ate with my boyfriend that morning (we shared the steak and eggs, then had a coke and hot chocolate). Along with the livingsocial deal, I was promised a bottle of sparkling wine and a bag of truffles. The wine was absolutely terrible, and we were only given two truffles. So I feel a little ripped off there. Last but not least is the incident that happened during our second day.

We received a call that afternoon telling us that our card was declined. The room was already payed for, including taxes, so what could our card possibly be declined for? We met with the manager in the office and was informed that we were to pay them over $160 for damages to the linen (why was our card charged that much without a notification beforehand, especially when we were not notified of ANY policy that states we have to do so and we signed nothing stating that our card could be charged without our permission or awareness?). There was a black streak on the comforter and one of the hand towels had been used as a napkin when we found no napkins at the end of the hallway to use. When I told the manager that I didn't have that much money on my card and would be willing to pay if she billed me later, the owner proceeded to tell me that she was embarrassed of the situation, insulted me for not having the money or another credit card to use, and told me that she would lower the cost to $50 if we agreed to leave.

We left.

Room Tip: The South Africa room we stayed in had a king size bed, fireplace, and large shower. It was very qui...