“Still one of the "places of choice" for our 12-person Bridge Group's Friday night out.”
Review of Peshtigo River Resort - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Wisconsin
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We eat at Peshtigo River Resort at least once a month and always have found it a superior experience since the overtaking of the restaurant by a Chicago chef. This Friday half our group ate at the buffet and others ate off the menu. Baked cod - had by 2 people - was perfectly done and nicely seasoned. The fried fish selection was lightly breaded and firm. The dill-flavored tartar sauce was delicious. One of my favorites - frog legs - were nicely sauteed instead of the usual deep frying - and were MUCH tasttier for the process. My wife had fried chicken. She's a real "chicken freak" and says it was perfectly done and not dry. The home-made rolls were excellent. Most people had more than one. It's been years since we've been to a non-white-table-cloth restauran that's had home baked rolls - and it added much to our wonderful dining experience.

• Visited May 2012

Crivitz, Wisconsin
“Had the friday night buffet”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I live in the twin bridge area and have eaten at just about place around here. This was the 1st time we had this buffet. And you can bet your last buck it will be the last ever!! The fish was soft,watery and very mushy in content. They only put a few pieces of chicken out at a time (3-5) and once it had a chicken breast. Have you ever gone to a place that didn't have 1000 island dressing with it's salad bar. This one didn't and was told it never has. Two small deserts were there to chose from. From the items I had to eat i would rate this as the worst buffet I have ever had. That was told to several of the workers there too!! And either had blank like stares given to me, or, a I'm sorry and I'll pass this on. That's it... To top it off when we got home (shortly there after) I ended throwing up twice. Had a bad stomach most of the night. And my wife complained (without me asking) about a bad stomach too with the last comment of, I feel like throwing up. That was the last straw for me. Never see me in that place again. This area has far to many places to eat that serve very good food to have have any change of mind on the matter. A bad meal, bad stomach, and throwing up afterwards and it only cost just under $28 plus tip for that privilege. You can now decide if it was worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank brattou
Crivitz, wi
“Under new management and doing a GREAT job serving excellent meals with a great river view”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

This restaurant has gotten a "new life" under new (2011) management. The ample salad bar is always fresh. Food is of high quality and well prepared. Service is prompt and courteous. The view of the Peshtigo River makes this one of the prettier settings in the area.

Wisconsin
“Such an improvement!!”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Reasonable prices, good service, gorgeous view. And now, the food is great! Homemade rolls and soups. The Friday night buffet has wonderful beer battered fish and roasted chicken. Good selection of other foods. Tuesday's special of ribs and chicken is excellent.

1 Thank WisconsinGrandma
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Great view but skip the fish fry”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

This place has a great view and places to eat outside. They offer a fish fry on Fridays, but its a buffet. The "highlight" was the "fried" clams. There are better places to go for a fish fry. Burgers on the deck are the better choice, but the service is really slow.

2 Thank musher7665