“Tired old menu and lack luster buffet”

The Woods Supper Club
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Crivitz
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The place is very clean. Staff is typically very good. It is a very nice place to eat or drink. You don't feel like you're in some backwoods bar. More of a real restaurant.

However, the food is nothing to rave about. It's average. I've been there a lot, in fact way too many times. I've tried just about everything on the menu. It's basically a good standby choice when all other places are too busy. I wish I could rate it higher, because the atmosphere is great, the food brings it down.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in on a Wednesday and had the best Mexican food I've ever had in Wisconsin. The steak fajitas were excellent. The margaritas were just as good and the prices were fantastic. We will definitely be back to try the regular menu.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The title says it all. Very nice people, great service. Food was good but just ordinary menu items, nothing exotic. Great value and probably the best in the Crivitz area that we went to.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I went there on a Friday night for the buffet. It was very unique inside and the service was good. The buffet on the other hand was not worth the $14/person. They weren't that busy while we were there but the cook was stocking the buffet like it was. Most of the fried food was warm to cold and not as enjoyable. They also had crab legs that weren't worth the time because they were to small. Good salad bar and descent dessert. Maybe the Sunday buffet is better...

1  Thank Cnmetz2
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Have been here before, but won't be returning. We sat in the dining area, and it was crowded. The server was a young guy, and it took him about 10 minutes to finally come over and ask what we wanted to drink and if we were ready to order. We placed our order for drinks and food, then got up and went to salad bar. We came back and finished our salad, but the whole time I was glancing around looking for our server, The bar was not busy, so there should have been no reason we didn't have our drinks. We sat there another 15 minutes, then my husband got up to go to the bar to order for ourselves. The bartender was trying to make a drink and was reading off a sticky note to see how to make whatever it was he was making, and didn't look up to acknowledge my husband at all. While he was waiting, the hostess comes by and tells our server who had walked up, "Don't forget table 25" The server responds, "I didn't know I had table 25" My husband then said, "You also forgot our drinks at table 6" The server responded," No, I didn't!" and turned away.. At that point, my husband, totally disgusted, returns to our table and says, "Let's just go" The server came up and said, " The bartender is really backed up" to which my husband said" I don't buy that. I stood there for 10 minutes watching while he flirted with those 3 ladies, then tried to figure out how to make a drink. Either you forgot to place the order, or he is the slowest bartender around. We are not staying, cancel everything" and we left. At no time did the hostess come over, or did we receive an apology. It is a beautiful place, but if that is the kind of help they have there, they will not be in business long. It's a shame, because we won't ever go back. After we left there, we went to another establishment and were served right away, and it took the bartender about 1 minute to make a mixed drink and get a bottle of beer. H

2  Thank CherylPR