“Refreshing charming cafe just off of the Interstate!”
Review of SchoolGrounds Cafe

SchoolGrounds Cafe
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: SchoolGrounds Cafe is an inviting cafe married to a beautifully restored 1910 one-room schoolhouse. Handmade bakery and pastry onsite daily and we also accept custom bakery orders as well. Incredible coffee and espresso beverages. Handcrafted breakfast porridge, gourmet egg sandwiches, belgian waffles, and frittered french toast served until 10:30. Our signature sandwiches and soups served from 10:30-2:00pm daily (served until close on live music days). Weekly live music events. Wifi. Catering and take-out orders. Gallery features distinct art and craft from numerous local artisans. Easy to find off I-94, exit 244, between Madison and Milwaukee.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

With so little to choose from when driving the interstate, what a refreshing find this establishment is. I stopped expecting to go to a nearby Subway only to see this remodeled schoolhouse and decided to give it a try. What a good choice I made. The uniqueness of this building is worth a visit in itself. A spiral staircase leads to an upstairs gallery of sorts with tables to eat or drink coffee. Free WiFi is a plus. The coffee is superb made by some very friendly staff. Pastries and sandwiches are made fresh and are very tasty and as unique as the establishment. I would love to come back for breakfast for the Belgian waffles...I am sure they would be great also. I will stop again on my next pass through this area.

2  Thank toto1234

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Has hand made wooden bowel, jewlery, cutting boards, cards.

Great Coffee In am Belgian Waffles $4.25 or Custom $5.75 choose your toppings banana pecans raisins craisins, maple syrup caramel sauce or go with Rolled oats and barley an flax.

Grilled Cheese 3 cheeses $495 served with apples or carrots $4.95 Kids love it

Heartland Turkey and Chedder Melt topped with cranberry chutney and honey mustard real tasty.

For your man their is Leafy Beefy melt topped with banana peppers,provolone and bbq mayonnaise a horseradish sauce on reuben bred $7.95

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I visited the School Grounds Cafe for the first time today. The owners were the first to greet us. Our coffee was ahhhmazing! We loved the free wifi and the beautiful artwork and hand crafted items that were available for purchase. We will be back :)

1  Thank dbcitygirl