“Iola visit 2013” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clintonville
Lakewood, Wisconsin
“Iola visit 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed for two nights and it was very enjoyable. This was our first time in the motel and we were very pleased. The service was excellent and the employees were pleasant and helpful.
The motel was very clean and neat. The breakfast they served was excellent.

Room Tip: Seems like all the rooms would be very good!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amanda R, General Manager at Cobblestone Inn and Suites Clintonville, WI, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our property. We are so glad you had a great stay with us! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

This new-looking property is a great option in an under-served market. I hadn't heard of Cobblestone Inns before. The rate was on par with AmericInn, but it's smaller and there's no pool; I knocked off one star for the discrepancy between rate and amenities.

Service was very friendly and competent. The evening desk clerk is also the bartender for the small bar area, and the morning clerk watches over the breakfast which consisted of the usual cold items plus eggs, bacon, a waffle machine and biscuits and (quite salty) sausage gravy.

The room was immaculate, but warm until I turned the A/C on and gave it time to work. The furnishings and mattress were new, and space was more than adequate. I didn't even know there was a closet until I checked out; I thought it was a connecting door. I didn't find a TV channel guide, and the programmed channels were often mislabeled or didn't exist.

There were plenty of light fixtures in the room, but only the bathroom had CFL bulbs. The remaining lights had old-fashioned 60-watt bulbs which were not really adequate. There was one phone on the desk which could be plugged in by the nightstand; I would have preferred 2 phones. The TV had a very bright red light on it that I had to cover in order to sleep.

A key card is required in order to access the stairwell to the second floor. The room door latched on its own, but had to be pulled in order to make one last "click." The window was unlatched but had locks on it and opened fully.

There was a $1.50 safe fee that was removed when I asked. It's a nonsmoking property but I never came in or out without passing an employee smoking outside, sometimes right at the door.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Amanda R, Manager at Cobblestone Inn and Suites Clintonville, WI, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate your honesty and though you didn't have many concerns, please know we have taken them all in to consideration. We all agree with you on the type of bulbs we use. We actually stopped buying the old fashioned 60 watt bulbs about two years ago. I'm even amazed that we still have some still in use here. We do replace them with the new spiral lights when they burn out. I do appologize for the tv channel guides. Unfortunately when I ordered them they were on back order and just recently arrived. Lastly all employees have been talked to about their smoking habits.
We hope that through your feed back we can make you next stay even more enjoyable.
Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is my third stay at the Cobblestone Inn and Suites in Clintonville. The breakfast is great. Nice workout center. Laundry facility is spotless! The room is the BEST! My husband said the shower was the best! (he wants to take it home!) The best part of the hotel is the staff; they are accommodating, friendly, and super helpful. The General Manager is Amanda and she is outstanding! This is our place for all of our stays in the Clintonville area.

Room Tip: The in-room whirlpool tubs are a wonderful added feature. A/C is really quiet. Hotel is on highway...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank You so much for your kind review. It is always a pleasure serving you and your husband and we certainly look forward to your next visit.
Rock, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

A special "thank you" to the Cobblestone Inn and it's staff for a great weekend stay for our 12 and 14 year old Girls Fastpitch Softball teams from Michigan. Your hotel was clean, up to date, comfortable and your staff most accommodating to our familes and kids. Thanks for letting our girls move the furniture around and hold dancing challenges with their X-Box in the breakfast room, and also thank you for letting them have the freedom to run and play on the grounds. Our stay was great, and we really appreciate your kindness and your facility. We are looking forward to another tournament next year in your area. Great rooms, clean, comfortable and most of all the greatest hotel staff ever! Kudo's to you all.

Room Tip: Clean and comfortable ... laundry facilities for guests on site, .... very friendly staff
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We had a great time with you and all your girls. I'm so glad they were able to have such a good time. We definitely look forward to having you again next year.
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is an interesting combination of amenities. It has all the features of a full service property - bar, breakfast, internet access, very nice sundries, coffee in the room, good desk and bed. I am a pillow snob, so those were subpar but if you are OK with synthetics, its fine. The bar is about 8 foot wrap around and serves the purpose, but in Wisconsin you really need to avail yourselves of one of the many corner pubs to really enjoy yourself. Breakfast was stocked with generics, but it hit the spot fine. Oddly, there are no elevators, no outdoor smoking areas, and it is situated oddly on the edge of town. Price is fair, and you aren't getting a nicer property any closer than New London, Green Bay, or Appleton.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank h0teln0mad
Amanda R, Manager at Cobblestone Inn and Suites Clintonville, WI, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to add your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad to see you found our hotel comfortable and fairly priced.
Also anyone who leaves there comments on our TripAdvisor page after staying with us receives two entries in our monthly drawing for a free nights stay. If you would like to be entered in to our drawing, please e-mail me with your name and date of stay: arousseau@staycobblestone.com
Amanda Rousseau
(General Manager)
Trufant, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and I only stayed one night in conjunction with a job interview in town. Jenny was very accommodating as we checked in. With a small town comes a small staff. She was also working the small convenience room in the next room which had various snack items and drinks. She also was the bartender in the breakfast room and made sure that if we needed anything to give her a call.

Our room was very clean and very modern. It was not very bright even with all of the lamps turned all the way up. The beds were comfortable and the temperature in the room was kept at a decent level, though perhaps slightly warm. The place was quiet for the most part. We heard the occasional truck going down the road that leads out of town and sometimes you heard a door from down the hall. The walls aren't too thick, but there was not much activity going on to make it noisy.

Breakfast selections were slim but good for the size of the place. They don't have to feed as many mouths as larger chain hotels do. There were hot items, scrambled eggs and sausage along with the usual waffle maker. Packaged muffins, along with slices of bread and bagels were available as well as some apples. Coffee and tea for hot beverages with milk, orange juice and apple juice for the cold ones. Cheerios and Fruit Loops were the cereal choices.

If my wife and I end up living here, I would definitely recommend this hotel to various friends and family who come to visit, and if I ever visit again, I will gladly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Mathew M
Amanda R, Manager at Cobblestone Inn and Suites Clintonville, WI, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank You so much for your kind review. We are glad that we could be of service to you.
South Lyon, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was our first bicycling trip to Wisconsin and we stayed at many hotels in small communities. I really liked the location of the hotel. It happened to be on the same street where we were ending our day on the bicycle. We looked up and never had to search any further to find the hotel. Very convenient when you have been on the road for almost 60 miles.

I gave the service an average rating as the woman who checked us in was almost surly. Then in the morning, there was no one behind the desk and no milk to be found. When I called and spoke to the staff, there was no apology or explanation for running out of milk (in Wisconsin? Really?)

The manager however listened to my concerns and advised that she would have brought milk over if the night staff had simply telephoned her. The manager was pleasant to speak with and I was glad that I aired my concerns.

Overall, a good, clean, inexpensive place to stay. We felt very safe and the laundry room was large enough to hold our bicycles overnight.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Patricia M
Amanda R, General Manager at Cobblestone Inn and Suites Clintonville, WI, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Hello Patricia,
I want to thank you again for coming to the desk and voicing your concerns. I am happy to say that if we run low on milk or anything else, I am getting phone calls now. I do appologize that we don't always have someone behind the desk. In order to keep our quality high and our cost to you low our clerks wear many hats here. I am also very sorry for your unpleasant encounter with the clerk who checked you in. I'm glad you experience in the morning went better. It is our goal as a whole team to treat every guest like family. The clerk in question was spoken too about your complaint.
I am so glad you shared the story of the adventure you were on with me. It sounded like it was going to be an amazing trip. I hope the rest of it went well and was everything you dreamed it would be.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clintonville
BEST WESTERN Wittenberg Inn
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in Shawano
Shawano Four Seasons Resort

Been to Cobblestone Inn and Suites Clintonville, WI? Share your experiences!