“Wonderful quiet room & fantastic breakfast”
Review of Glen Loch Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chippewa Falls
Glen Loch Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Chippewa Falls
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I and my family picked this hotel as it was very close to the Linenkugal's Brewey, but were very excited that all worked out as the room was big and comfortable (especially the bed). The owner was very helpful and steered us in right direction for the park and zoo and the best ice cream we've ever had.She had directions and menus for the different restaurants in the area & she was right on on all of them.The best was the wonderful breakfast we had before we had to leave this very nice town. Wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank NANCY R

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night to visit the Leininkugal's brewery and it was such a great experience. Our room was super clean and had what we needed. The owner was so great, she recommended places to eat and visit while we were in town. The breakfast was amazing! The price was right! I loved the quiet location! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to or through Chippewa Falls!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christina528
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed here on 8-4-13. The room was great. Nice & clean. The bed was really comfortable. It was very quiet with a nice table & chairs outside under a covered area to relax. The owners are super nice & helpful. We got wonderful directions to eat & to the park. Somewhere I read they had a continental breakfast but it was so much more than that. Very nice breakfast room with french music playing. Loved it! There was quiche, french toast, fruit, muffins, great coffee, juice & more. Great place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank marys1205
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I recently went blueberry picking and needed an overnight accommodation. Tripadvisor located a few in the Chippewa Falls area. Being the type to support local small businesses, we chose Glen Loch Inn. We expected it to be exactly what we would pay for or less. Sometimes supporting local/small business comes at a risk, right? We were met by a very nice woman at check in. Offered up info on attractions, eateries, and tidbits of info, Very kind! She also said that a continental breakfast was included in the morning. BONUS! The rooms were clean. The décor was modest with an effort of modern flare. Mind you this is an older motel ranch style building. Beds were comfy. The next morning we made a bee line to the breakfast in hopes of a slice of toast and jam followed by a cup o joe. INSTEAD...we were treated to ham, egg and cheese croissants, French toast, lashings of bacon and sausages. Gourmet coffee and a pastry selection. WOW. The room the breakfast was served in was adorably decorated in a musical motif with various instruments set about the space. Soft and festive early morning melodies sung in French echoed from the kitchen. Bless the owner! This was the perfect place to stay while road tripping through our GREAT STATE OF WISCONSIN. I hope you will take the time for the night and experience Glen Loch Inn!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank rob s
Reviewed August 2, 2013

my husband and I stayed here on a recent trip and were very impressed with the clean room, beautiful flowers, quiet location, amazing breakfast, and the hospitality of the owner, Marilyn. I loved this place and would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a B&B flavor with a retro feel. There is a very nice park close by with a picnic area, hiking trails, and some animals. This is a must stay place; I look forward to staying there again some day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank diane m
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed here based on the Trip Advisor reviews and was not sorry. Although the room was a little smallish, everything was new, the bed was excellent, and the breakfast was out of this world.
Baked omelet, blueberry pancakes, top quality bacon, banana muffins, orange juice, coffee, or tea. By far the best Mom & Pop I've ever stayed at and I've stayed at a lot of them.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank lbwiskey
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Although the form factor of this lodging is a 50's style motel, the experience is more akin to a B&B. The rooms are basic and clean; there is no reason to lounge inside although I did get some work done at the desk and decent wifi. On this hot day it was great to enjoy central air conditioning with a convenient lever to adjust air flow - quiet and effective.

Outside there is a nice patio on the side with seating where I enjoyed an arrival beer and listened to the wind in the surrounding spruce trees. Another shaded patio is in front where I finished coffee the next AM. A short walk or ride down the road across the street takes you to Glen Loch where you can observe a waterfall (Not recommended for young children)

Breakfast is homemade with a good selection of quiche, toast, breakfast meats and more. The coffee is excellent. This completes the "B&B" experience

All this is brought to you by the attentive owner Marilyn mentioned throughout these reviews. Clearly her presence and attention to her patrons makes the entire operation function. A kind women, I suspect she wouldn't tolerate anything that would disrupt the experience for others.

The lodging is on the very edge of the central town so you get the convenience of proximity with the benefit of quiet.

Room Tip: I enjoyed a room on the back side away from the road. However, the road passing in front is not that...