“Outstanding B&B Hybrid”
Review of Glen Loch Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chippewa Falls
Glen Loch Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Chippewa Falls
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Although the form factor of this lodging is a 50's style motel, the experience is more akin to a B&B. The rooms are basic and clean; there is no reason to lounge inside although I did get some work done at the desk and decent wifi. On this hot day it was great to enjoy central air conditioning with a convenient lever to adjust air flow - quiet and effective.

Outside there is a nice patio on the side with seating where I enjoyed an arrival beer and listened to the wind in the surrounding spruce trees. Another shaded patio is in front where I finished coffee the next AM. A short walk or ride down the road across the street takes you to Glen Loch where you can observe a waterfall (Not recommended for young children)

Breakfast is homemade with a good selection of quiche, toast, breakfast meats and more. The coffee is excellent. This completes the "B&B" experience

All this is brought to you by the attentive owner Marilyn mentioned throughout these reviews. Clearly her presence and attention to her patrons makes the entire operation function. A kind women, I suspect she wouldn't tolerate anything that would disrupt the experience for others.

The lodging is on the very edge of the central town so you get the convenience of proximity with the benefit of quiet.

Room Tip: I enjoyed a room on the back side away from the road. However, the road passing in front is not that...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife & I just stayed over the weekend, we went up for my birthday to tour the Leinenkugel Brewery and check out some other sites. The motel is only about a mile away from the brewery and less than that from a beautiful park with a little zoo in it. Marilyn (the owner) has made upgrades to the property, she really puts her heart and soul into the place. It is was it is, a smaller motel, so you aren't going to have a huge room, but what you will have is a clean room, a great breakfast (Marilyn cooks every morning for the guests), a fantastic host in Marilyn (take the time to talk with her, she is incredibly nice), a great patio area to relax at. So if you are tired of the "cookie cutter" motels, check this place out, my wife & I would highly recommend it and will be staying there next time we are back in Chippewa Falls.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WiscDave
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came into town for our 1st time at RockFest. We had a blast partly because Marilyn (Glen Loch Inn owner) made our stay so pleasant and comforting! Felt like home... Rooms are clean and well maintained, the patio and the outside area is beautiful and well kept & the homemade breakfast was fantastic!! Marilyn is one of a kind and we were honored to meet her!! She's helpful, hardworking and super sweet! When we come back to the area again we won't stay anywhere else but the Glen Loch Inn!! Loved it!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Kimj1978
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed here this past weekend with 2 other couples and had a great time at this Inn. My husband and I arrived about 4 hours after everyone else at 11 pm and the owner waited up for us to check in which we thought was so great! She got us all checked in and then we sat out on their patio with our friends and hung out till around 1 a.m. and went to bed. Went to bed and got up and had their homemade breakfast which was great! You can't go wrong with a homemade meal at a hotel. The owner is very sweet and willing to help you with tips for local places or to just answer questions! The hotel is older but very clean and in wonderful condition! You can tell she takes pride in her place and it shows. We'll be back to stay again for sure!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Wonderful stay, clean rooms and absolutely fabulous homemade breakfast. Owner and staff were kind, delightful and very accommodating.. Owner puts a lot of heart into the place and it shows. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Drive to your room motel, very clean, nice breakfast in the morning is a great value, very small bathroom but great towels. The reason I did not rate this motel higher, is in the room I had, there was no control for heat or air. It was so cold I had to block the air vent all night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed overnight on travel trip back from Canada to Chicago........great room and fantastic breakfast the next morning.....was my first stop in Chippewa Falls but will go back and this hotel is at the top of our list. Marilyn, you're the best.

Room Tip: We had ten in our party and every room was good.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends