“Super staff and place to stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Chippewa Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 10, 2010

My husband and I are Goldpoints members and stay at different Country Inn and Suites often. This particular property is a peach. The staff is friendly, knowledgable and helpful. Rooms and common areas are well kept and up to date. Pool is excellent and open late for adults, and a good breakfast too.
The only suggestions that I would make is to add slices of cheese at breakfast, so you can make a egg, sausage and cheese sandwich on the english muffin. This is WI we're talking about, so bring on the cheese.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2010

We love our GoldPoints members!! Thank you so much for this wonderful review! And I have to laugh about your "bring on the cheese" comment. That's great!! And so true!
We just revamped our breakfast quite a bit. There is a rotating hot menu now so things are always different. We have eggs bendict, southern fried chicken & country gravy biscuits, scrambled eggs and sausage links, french toast and more! We cannot wait for you to try it again. (When you book your next reservation, put "bring on the cheese" in the comments and we will be sure you have more than you can handle!!)

Reviewed August 2, 2010

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites along the route for our vacation. We found the staff to be very friendly. Hotel including rooms were very clean and we loved the breakfast. The beds were a little hard but that was only a problem for me since my husband thought they were fine. Definitely would stop here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

We very much appreciate your review! Thank you for your great comments. I can completely understand your frustration with the bed. Country Inns standard is that particular Serta bed and while I realize that everyone's bed preferences are different, I do empathize with not being able to get a good night's sleep. I just want you to know that I do feel badly about that. I hope to see you and your husband again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed February 3, 2010

DO NOT BOOK! If you are a smoker, they will charge you an extra $100 if you are a smoker and stay in a non-smoking room! Erin, the woman at the counter, was very rude when dealing with my complaint. They charged my credit card because they thought the room smelled like smoke. I'ma smoker in a non-smoking room! Duh. They did not have smoking rooms available when I booked! They said they found cups with smoking residue in the garbage. That is because it was raining during our stay and we grabbed the cups from the room to ash in while we smoked in our vehicles and instead of littering in the parking lot, we brought our trash from the truck into the hotel room and put it in the garbage. This staff will make up any excuse to get your money!!! WATCH OUT FOR THIS HOTEL!!‎

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank bigben004
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2010

As a frequent traveler myself and the General Manager of a hotel, I feel that people these days understand the implications of failing to adhere to hotel policy. We absolutely offer smoking rooms in our hotel and welcome smokers with open arms. However, my staff and I are extremely diligent to ensure that non-smoking guests are able to enjoy their stays fully and, most of the time, our guests comment that they were under the impression we were a non-smoking hotel. That is just the way we operate. Our hotel is newly renovated and extremely clean, and we do our best to make sure it stays that way. We make it very clear on our registration cards that any evidence of smoking in a non-smoking room will be charged. This covers our time, and the cost for outside vendors to restore a non-smoking room to our standards after it has been smoked in. While I can understand the frustration this guest is feeling for having to endure this charge, our policies are in place for very good reasons.

Reviewed September 8, 2009

Comfortable hotel at reasonable price. Bed and down pillows were very comfortable. Room was in good shape. Hotel appeared somewhat recently updated possibly. Everything in the room functioned properly, including the air conditioner. Good sized television with free HBO. Good lighting in the bathroom. My only complaint is the walls are somewhat thin, sound will carry if you have noisy neighbors.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2009

The simple things need to be taken care of first to make someone happy and this establishment was spot on! The rooms nice, roomy clean. The staff incredibly friendly and informative. The beds not too firm but firm. Everythign was very clean and the service was top notch. Location location location as well. It's the best Chippewa Falls has to offer and to be honest, I haven't stayed anywhere this nice in a long time. It's home away from home.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2009

This hotel is nothing fancy but it is very comfortable. We have stayed here twice while visiting friends so all we really needed was a place to sleep. We were very satisfied. It also would serve well as a base of operations for a business trip, area sightseeing, etc. I especially want to commend the front desk staff who were extremely helpful to us with some problems that were not caused by the hotel. They were very understanding! Other family members stayed at the nearby Avalon so I got to see both places. We both preferred Country Inn, mainly because the Avalon is in the drive-up-to-your-door motel format and the beds and accommodations were just newer and nicer at Country Inn. Plus, we compared notes and Country's price was a little lower than Avalon's for that weekend.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2009

We stayed here as a planned stopping point along a road trip. The hotel had a good hot breakfast selection (including a waffle maker) and a nice pool/hot tub area. The staff was also very friendly and greated us with free cookies. The business center is really just a computer right next to the front door, but it worked for checking my work e-mail. However, I probably won't stay here again because the bed was much firmer than I like and there was a spring that stuck out higher than the others, which poked my husband's back all night. I think that was an issue with just our room though, from looking at these reviews. So, as long as you like your bed to be very firm, this is a great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chippewa Falls
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, WI
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Chipp...
#4 of 10 in Chippewa Falls
Hampton Inn & Suites Chippewa Falls
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eau Claire
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eau Claire North
Best Western Plus Eau Claire Conference Center

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls? Share your experiences!