“Outrageous rates for the Wisconsin Northwoods”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Chippewa Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Our family has stayed at this Country Inn several times over the years. In years past the staff has been tremendous (assisting me with an ill infant, helpful and friendly with questions). The staff is still well-trained and professional. It was the rate that shocked and outraged us. They charged a rate of $139.99 for one night (totalling over $155.00 w/ taxes and fees). I've spent less at Harrah's (Vegas) and the Intercontinental (Milwaukee). Felt absolutely gouged.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

I want to thank you for your review and let you know that I can understand how it might seem outrageous for such a small town to carry rates like these. We have 8 days out of the year that we call "blackout dates". It is for Country Fest and Rock Fest. Two HUGE 4-day music festivals that bring in big names. You can see the dates and line-ups at www.countryfest.com or www.rock-fest.com. So, during these 8 days, all the hotels in the entire Chippewa Valley have elevated rates. I would expect during Summerfest in Milwaukee the hotels there do the same. We try the best we can to explain this to our guests when they make their reservations, however if they make reservations online, we don't get that opportunity. To help better plan for trips to the area, I would definitely advise guests to look at those websites I posted and plan accordingly.

I do want to sincerely thank you for the great comments about my staff and the hotel in general. I feel terrible that the rate made it unsatisfactory for you. If there is anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate to call me here at the hotel 715.720.1414. Thank you again for your glowing comments!!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I do try to stay t here about once a month. last weekend they were sold out,so I had to stay at another hotel.Even tho they have hidden the waffle machine,and often the oatmeal is a solid chunk,and I can not always get a first floor room/,there is no elevator/ it is still the best in Chippewa Falls.

Room Tip: be sure to request a first floor room,unless you like draging your suitcase up a lot of stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chesterbrowne
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

I first want to thank you so much for your comment "Best of Chippewa". That means so much to us!! I also wanted to address the concerns you have so that future guests will understand.

When Country Inns revamped to this enormous wonderful breakfast they have, we were forced to do come up with some creative space saving techniques. Our best option was to get a sign that says "waffles available upon request" and make them in the back for people who wanted them. We were noticing that during the week, corporate business travelers were not as fond of waffles as the weekend pleasure travelers, so we thought this was our best solution. It does concern me that the oatmeal is not appealing and I will speak with our overnight staff about how to make that better. Also, you are correct that we do not have an elevator and we try as hard as we can to accommodate 1st floor room requests. If you tell us up front when you book, or put a note in your online booking, we will definitely see it.

However, despite all of this you still rated us the Best in Chippewa Falls and for that we are so very grateful!! Thank you so much!!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Rooms are very nice. Breakfast had a good selection. Best of all everyone at the front desk were great. This hotel is very clean, which is what I look for when traveling. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank mrtire1
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to come on Trip Advisor and say such wonderful things about our hotel. You hit on the three major areas that we focus so hard on here....good food, clean rooms and spectacular customer service. What a great review! We will see you on your next trip to Chippewa Falls!!

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Rooms were quality like the entire chain. Breakfast was above average for a $100 room.
Can't go wrong with this place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Goodscout
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

We very much apprecate you taking the time to write this review on us! I am so excited to hear that you were impressed with the breakfast. We have taken huge strides in that area recently and I am so glad it is paying off. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town! Have a wonderful Summer!!

Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

They definitely feed you here. If you're in Chippewa Falls, WI, this isn't the worst place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank EdubW
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

We definitely do feed our guests well!! Thank you so much for your response. We offer a lovely evening snack Monday through Thursday nights for our business travelers and we have an extensive rotating breakfast each morning with such things as breakfast burritos, eggs benedict, scrambled eggs & sausage, french toast, and much much more. And we always have our fresh baked cookies & milk available upon arrival!! The Country Inn is, in my humble opinion, the best place to stay in Chippewa Falls. I thank you so much for your review!! We will see you (and feed you) again next time you are in town!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

The front desk staff was courteous, and helped us find a restaurant for 30 people in a pinch. (We ended up at the restaurant behind the hotel, and everyone was happy.) The beds were comfortable, the rooms were as toasty as a retirement home. Breakfast was nice with a big selection of hot foods, not just the usual cereal and rolls. Good coffee served 24-hours. The only problem we had, was the room smelled a bit like it was a smoking room. Otherwise, it was a nice stay in Chippewa Falls.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank PackerBadgerFan
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2012

I am so glad to hear that the staff was able to help your team at short notice. I do appreciate your comment about the smell of the room and we will be working very hard to remedy that. I hope to see you and your team in upcoming years!

Reviewed January 9, 2012

This is an older hotel but it was clean, friendly staff, & quiet. The pool was heated so for once I could enjoy swimming without freezing and the hot tub was hot not luke warm. The breakfast was standard far for continental breakfast but was good and fresh. And they had fresh cookies at the desk. Enjoyed our stay and would stay there agaiin.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank pfo65

Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are here!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chippewa Falls
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, WI
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Chipp...
#4 of 10 in Chippewa Falls
2 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Chippewa Falls
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eau Claire
Best Western Plus Eau Claire Conference Center
The Lismore Hotel Eau Claire - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls? Share your experiences!