“Nice for our sports team”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Chippewa Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice for our sports team”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

The front desk staff was courteous, and helped us find a restaurant for 30 people in a pinch. (We ended up at the restaurant behind the hotel, and everyone was happy.) The beds were comfortable, the rooms were as toasty as a retirement home. Breakfast was nice with a big selection of hot foods, not just the usual cereal and rolls. Good coffee served 24-hours. The only problem we had, was the room smelled a bit like it was a smoking room. Otherwise, it was a nice stay in Chippewa Falls.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank PackerBadgerFan
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
I am so glad to hear that the staff was able to help your team at short notice. I do appreciate your comment about the smell of the room and we will be working very hard to remedy that. I hope to see you and your team in upcoming years!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Minnesota
Reviewed January 9, 2012

This is an older hotel but it was clean, friendly staff, & quiet. The pool was heated so for once I could enjoy swimming without freezing and the hot tub was hot not luke warm. The breakfast was standard far for continental breakfast but was good and fresh. And they had fresh cookies at the desk. Enjoyed our stay and would stay there agaiin.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank pfo65
Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are here!
Illinois
Reviewed December 27, 2011

To begin, I have traveled extensively in the U.S. and in Europe. I have stayed at 4 and 5 star resorts and hotels all over. I was very impressed with the friendly and efficient staff, and the cleanliness of the place.

My husband and I traveled for the holidays to see his family in Chippewa Falls. There is nothing worse than waking up in a hotel room on Christmas day. So I called this hotel in November and they let me send up a little Christmas tree, some ornaments, a nutcracker and a reindeer. I explained to the manager, Alicia, that I would like all of these to be put in my room, and that I wanted a festive room not only to surprise my husband, but to make Christmas in a hotel a little more cheerful.

Alicia not only set up the tree prior to our arrival on December 24th, but she also added many festive adornments of her own, and left us a little gift basket with candy, Lienengoogle's glasses, pens, and all sorts of other goodies. We were so surprised when we entered the room! It was great to see that someone took care of my requests and exceeded my expectations! My husband and I were happy, relaxed, and comfortable in this room, PLUS we had booked the whirlpool suite, and that was wonderful, too!

The breakfast has really improved, too, and I was thrilled to see that there were healthy options like oatmeal and yogurt. The decor of this hotel is homey and I dare say pastoral, and that all adds to the charm. You will feel quite relaxed here.

I also can't say enough about the friendliness and efficiency of the staff. You can tell that this hotel is run very well, and they are all willing to bend over backwards for you!

You will feel at home here! Keep up the excellent work, Country Inn in Chippewa Falls!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Ms_Lady_Bug03
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review for us! We don't get a lot of requests like this, but I have to say, my staff had so much fun decorating your room. We were more than ecstatic to do this for you! We would do anything and everything to make our guests feel at home and enjoy their stays to the fullest. I am so glad to hear that it was a memorable experience for you. We will look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town!! Happy New Year from all of us here at Country Inn!!
South Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed December 4, 2011

My husband and two other couples stayed one night. We came from the Twin Cities for a bowling tourniment at 2:00. We really wanted to check into the hotel prior to the bowling tourniment. NO PROBLEM. There were rooms available when we arrived and we were able to get right in. They were even able to give us two rooms right next to each other. When it was realized there was an issue with the toilet being to low (due to my husbands hip replacements) Nicole was right there to help us. When an extra seat wasn't available, we were offered the next room over (handicap room). Nicole really made us feel like it was no big deal and she was willing to help in any way she could. Very clean hotel. Pool and hot tub - excellent. Very nice that it is open so late. Would definately stay again!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mary S
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
WOW! What a fabulous review of Nicole. I have to say that I agree with you, Nicole is wonderful. We all really try 100% every day to treat our guests like they are part of our family. I am so glad to hear that it showed!!

I will be sharing this with Nicole and she will be recognized through our Country Inns & Suites "Be Our Guest" employee program as well as bonused for your rave review! Thank you so much! We can't wait to see you again!
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I recently stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Chippewa Falls, WI on an overnight trip to St. Cloud, MN. I chose this Country Inn & Suites over one in Eau Claire, Wi (10 mile away), as it was about $30 cheaper. I have had many positive expereinces with the Country Inn & Suites chain over the years and is usually the first hotel I look for when one is needed. I was very disappointed in the over all experience. The hotel was very dated and although clean in appearance had an overall BLAH feeling to it. The corridors were dingy and the rooms, again although clean, were vary dated in the decor. I get the whole "Country" decor but everything had the feeling of old, especially the bedding. The morning breakfast that was included and usually is pretty good was awful. I would not recommend this location.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Brewers1982
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
It saddens us to hear that your experience here was not what you expected, especially in the area of the breakfast. We have a large, extensive breakfast with many hot items and we have a dedicated breakfast person every day who's sole responsibility is to make sure that every guest is enjoying our many offerings. I would be very open to hearing more about what was lacking in this area. If you have a couple moments and are willing to share, I would welcome a call. 715.720.1414. Ask for me, Erin.

I do want to thank you for reiterating our cleanliness. That is something we focus very hard on. We do realize that some of our furnishings and decor may be a bit dated, but they are ALWAYS clean. We are working to change these items as the economy continues to improve, but we will never sacrifice on our clean rooms and friendly service.

Thank you for your review and we really do hope that you will give us another try if you are back in this area again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed here for one night while traveling for vacation. Everything was clean we also had a large room. Room was nice and cool. It was really hot out when we stayed there. It was also nice that the pool was open until midnight so the kids could swim when we got there. Breakfast was good but the usual items like any other hotel. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
We are so excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I especially love your title "Nice and Clean"!! I feel like I should send you a commission for the great advertising! We work very hard every day to provide the cleanest and friendliest accommodations possible. Having our guests take the time to compliment us like this on TripAdvisor definitely makes it all worth it. Thank you so much!
IL
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Everything is what you would expect. Clean, comfortable and a real nice continental breakfast to get you going. We had a king room and the bed was fine. Friendly staff and town. We'll be back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
CountryInnChip, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
What wonderful comments!! Thank you so much for posting your review and we are more than delighted to hear that you will be visiting us again. We look forward to seeing you!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chippewa Falls
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, WI
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Chipp...
#4 of 10 in Chippewa Falls
Hampton Inn & Suites Chippewa Falls
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eau Claire North
Fairfield Inn & Suites Eau Claire Chippewa Falls
Staybridge Suites Eau Claire - Altoona

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls? Share your experiences!