“Very rude service! Daughters bday ruined!Read below.”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Chippewa Falls
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We made reservations for my daughters bday party here 2 weeks in advance. Upon arrival i was told they didnt have us down for a party, that the hot tub and slide were closed for a couple days, and that we had to pay $6 per guest (after 5 guest) for use of the pool yet both hotub and slide were closed?!?! After being upset about nobody notifying me about the slide and hottub being closed we were allowed to wave the $6 pp fee (whoopie). Then while we were in the pool, 2 grown immiture men came in to swim and put towels in and around the pool edge so they could run and jump in (annoying my daughters friends). After we went to our room i sent my daughter down for ice were she was rudely confronted by the stuck up young front desk manager telling her to pick up the towels in the pool area (which were left by the men but my daughters friends were accused of doing!!!). I went down and told the girl at the desk if she has something to say to my daughter she can say it to me. She threatened to kick us out and called me and my daughter liers about the towlels!! We had stayed there for a month before over the summer and had a mostly pleasent experience but after this one i am outraged!! We cancelled our family xmas party and nephews bday party there because of this experience!! Rude rude rude!!! Nothing was done or any appologize made afterwards!( On a seperate note, housekeepers are very friendly).

• Stayed: November 2012
6  Thank Jessiemomof4
David M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

I am truly sorry that you felt as though your Daughter's Birthday was ruined.

However, like I stated when you checked in to your room, we had scheduled the maintenance to our pool are over two months prior to your arrival. In addition, we did have our Birthday Party Packages closed for the Monday-Wednesday of Thanksgiving week to avoid complications like this. If you would have stated that your room reservation was to be for a pool/birthday party, we would have informed you that the hot tub and waterslide would not be in opperation.

Again, I am sorry that you felt your Daughter's Birthday Party was ruined. Our renovation in our pool area is nearing completion, maybe you and your family can be our guests again and experience the new and improved pool area.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

To be fair, I've stayed at this motel once before, and I had a very pleasant experience. Upon my second visit, AmericInn Central Reservations messed up my reservation, the Assistant General Manager would not listen to reason while trying to resolve the issue, and I was talked down to. So, I raised my voice a little to her, and she calls the police to remove me from the lobby. Once the police arrived, they could not understand why they were called to the motel. I was in Chippewa Falls to bury a relative, and this made the day even worse for me. The whole affair was very upsetting. I've only received an apology for the incorrect reservation and not the police being called on me. It was definitely one of the strangest travel experiences I've ever had.

Room Tip: If traveling with pets, make sure they book you into the correct type of room, or later on they may...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank 264JS
David M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Again, I am sorry for any inconvenience during your stay.

As we discussed in our earlier communication, we have specific pet friendly rooms so we can accommodate both our guests who travel with pets and our guests with severe pet allergies.

I only wish our central reservations had properly handled your request, so this situation could have been avoided. In the future, please contact us directly with your reservations and we will make sure a situation like this doesn't happen again.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We were pleased to see a microwave in the room. Previously there had only been a refrigerator. We like to fix popcorn at night and would have to go down to the breakfast area and use the microwave there. Although, one time, the microwave there was broken and the desk clerk popped it for me back behind the office. This is the kind of service we have found at this hotel. I have read and been surprised by some reviews. Please know that, because of the pools and water slide, this is a very family-oriented place. Have booked rooms already for our stay after Christmas.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
David M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

I am glad that you were able to enjoy our in-room microwaves. We installed them in each of our guestrooms earlier this year, to help guests like you enyoy your stay with us even more.

Thank you for acknowledging our staff. We try our best to make sure our guests feel at home when they stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again after Christmas!!!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was talked down to and threatened to be kicked out becau se my child got on the slide to get his ball which was closed. Rather than coming to me she yelled at me across the pool in front of all the guests. WARNING : the slide closes at 8 not 11 like the hours state. And when I followed her out of the pool to discuss her unprofessionalism- she slammed the door in my face. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. RUDE STAFF.

6  Thank GeorgiaWi
David M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

First of all, thank you for taking the time to review our property.

I am sorry that you had an dissapointing stay.

As per our phone conversation on 11/26/12, eventhough there was a violation of our pool area rules, the situation, could have been handled better, I appologize for this.

Also, our waterslide was open from 4:00-8:00pm which is the normal hours of opperation for a weekday. Our entire pool area is open from 8:00am-11:00pm weekdays. By state law we have to have a certified lifeguard on duty for the waterslide to be operating. This is why the hours of operation on the waterslide and the rest of the pool area vary.

Again I am sorry that your experience was unenjoyable.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Pretty decent place to stay with a very friendly staff. Great pool area if you have kids, if you don't, not so much. Good breakfast and good price. I would stay there again. Its not quite as modern as the Country Inn, but I think it is a better value for the money.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you very much for your comments about the "Value" of staying with us.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We were guests at the Americinn sat Nov 10 for a wedding. Check in was quick and efficient. Our room was clean and comfortable and yes, there were a lot of families there with small children, but it was a Sat night and that was to be expected. The breakfast in the Am was tasty with waffles, eggs and biscuits and gravy and danish. Overall a nice motel, no complaints. our charge for 3 adults as 114.00 with taxes. we will stay here again if ever in the Chippews Falls area

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
David M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

I am glad that you enjoyed our Hot-Homestyle Breakfast. I hope that you had a good time at the wedding you were attending too.

We hope to have you stay with us on your next visit to Chippewa Falls.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Clean hotel close to town. Has nice pool area with kids pool and water slide. Rooms had flat panel TV's, refridgerator, and microwave. The hotel called Loopy's bar and grill and they sent over a free shuttle. Nice and friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Russell K

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you also had a good time out at Loopy's!!!

We hope to see you the next time you're in Chippewa Falls.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chippewa Falls
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chippewa Falls
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls, WI
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Chipp...
#4 of 10 in Chippewa Falls
Hampton Inn & Suites Chippewa Falls
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Eau Claire North
Best Western Plus Eau Claire Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eau Claire

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Chippewa Falls? Share your experiences!