“Great!”

Chippewa family Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Agree with of the positive comments, great food, service, and always a full cup of coffee! Great omlettes!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

You won't leave hungry -- that is for sure :)
Great food, pleasant atmosphere!!
The owner truly cares - he goes out of his way to ask every single customer how their meal was -- EVERY DAY!
The owner truly knows how to get you to come back & bring friends!!!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

When I go here for a meal I sometimes split the order. The portions are LARGE. The service is friendly and they are around constantly to fill your coffee cup. On your birthday or if it is soon you get a free piece of pie. If your looking for a nice family restaurant this is the place.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We went here on New Year's morning, and was it busy! But boy do they have a system because, while the restaurant was packed with people standing and waiting, we still didn't wait more than 10 minutes for our food. And everyone, including the manager/owner was incredibly pleasant and helpful.

Unfortunately, my hasbrowns (which were dry) were cold...almost refrigerator cold, and my omelette wasn't really an omelette. It was really just like a scrambled egg mixture containing vegies and then folded in half....not a thinly cooked egg with the vegies wrapped into it, and there weren't enough of them for my liking. My husband had the hash and eggs, and it was good, but the basic canned stuff. We split a pancake that was undercooked and tasted poorly because of it. They do have some excellent bread they use for the toast though (unfortunately, it was cold also).

They are known for their chicken dumpling soup, so we had to try a cup. While I don't really like this kind of soup, I sure enjoyed this, and judging from the fact that it was on nearly every table surrounding us, clearly everyone else does also.

So, perhaps it was just our selections, but the food failed to impress this time. But the service definitely did, so I would give this place another try if ever I'm back in Chippewa Falls.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We have eaten at this restaurant several times, with our grandchildren and alone. The owner/manager is always there supervising and checking to see if things are going well. Staff is friendly, and the service is excellent. If you order coffee, the cup will be kept filled until you tell them to stop. Portions are fairly large - sometimes too much so. Plan on a to-go box. The baked and fried fish are both good. Prices are very reasonable. The desserts look delicious, but I haven't tried them. In addition to being a friendly place to eat, Chippewa Family Restaurant is very community-oriented. They participate in many community fund-raisers and are very generous in their support of the community.