“Cheeze Curds”

Ranked #6 of 21 Restaurants in Chetek
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Sunday, Oct 2, 2011 went there with family. Saw people order the cheeze curds and was impressed. So couldn't wait to go back again to try them myself. Made a special trip and went back on Oct 5 2011 and ordered them. What a great disappointment! They were just grose. It looked like the cook had dunked them in grease not hot enough and then tried to warm the grease up. They were floating in warm grease and they weren't even brown. Never again. $8 thrown away and a nice fall ride that turned out very disappointing.

2  Thank Charlotte B

Reviewed August 25, 2011

We LOVE Gilligans. However, we don't go there for the food. Everything that we have tried has been just okay. But, we LOVE going out and sitting on their back TIki Bar area and enjoying the lake. They have fun games and live music. You can drive your boat right up to the restaurant, enjoy the scenery and some drinks, and then head back out on the water. We like to take our friends there when they come into town.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

Definitely the most popular bar in town, but I can't understand why! Gilligan's is a "gold mine" for the owners who could care less about customer service and the quantity/quality of waitresses. Always understaffed and rushed! We have a cabin in Chetek and go out to eat often, but the service at this place is a joke and we usually avoid the local bar crowds here - too bad because it could be fantastic with better management. Expect a long wait for food or drinks!

7  Thank vikesfan1
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My girlfriends and I went to Gilligans and rented a cabin/trailer. It was fun but on Saturday the bartender came over with some of his friends after bar close, they wanted to party. We told them to leave and they said that the cabin was property of Gilligan’s and they could stay, one guy said that he was security. Things got heated and one guy pushed one of the girls and called me a C… I the called the cops who came and told the guys to leave. Today I called the owner and she said that she did not want to get involved. I think she thought I might want my money back, in reality I just wanted to say that we will not be back, my husband and his friends will not be back and we will tell our friends not to come back. It was really scary to have four men in our camping spot that night. Even more scary to have a owner that will allow this stuff to continue to other girls.

8  Thank dusty1983
Reviewed June 15, 2010

While vacationing in Chetek we usually go to Gilligans on several occasions. This time we hit their all you can eat crab leg night (Monday) and their WIng Ding, all you can eat wings, (Wednesday). The food and service is very good. If the weather is good, then you definitely want sit out back at their Tiki Bar. Plenty of outdoor seating.