“Good value-getting better every year!”
Review of Lakeshore Resort

Lakeshore Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chetek
Lakeshore Resort
Ranked #4 of 13 Specialty Lodging in Chetek
Trempealeau, WI
“Good value-getting better every year!”
Reviewed February 8, 2010

We"ve been tent camping in the Chetek area for several years at different resorts. We even rented a cabin at a different resort. But once we started staying at Lakeshore we kept coming back. We were treated so nicely by the staff. So much so that a few years ago we bought a large camper and put it on a permanent site. Things have improved over time, especially since her prior partner has left. Lynda is doing everything she can to update things around there. The shoreline and docks are very nice!
The cabins are advertised as rustic and that's what you should somewhat expect when you go camping. It's not Sandals or Club Med. If you need something she will do her best to get it for you. She also does NOT walk around with a cocktail in hand. It's either a bottle of water or soda. As for the rental boats, the staff will get one ready for you. There is no room to keep them in the water because so many of us residents keep our boats in. We never had a problem getting one in the past. They have a friendly staff and popular bar and grill available to all by land or water. Fun activities throughout the year. As far as the Chetek area, we feel Lakeshore has good value for your dollar.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BrotherBeau

Solo
Business
Mn
Reviewed August 1, 2006

Last Visit:July 2006

First of all, they claim to be a family friendly place - NOT!! The only "Kid friendly" amenity was the play structure and we have a nicer one in our own backyard.

Lynda (co-owner) was nice, Gary (Lynda’s other half) was NOT.

Unfortunately - anytime you may need help... with you end up dealing with him and he never misses a chance to roll his eyes and make it seem like you just asked to borrow a million bucks. We are self - sufficient people and really didn't ask for much, but dreaded even asking him anything, (even for directions!!)Knowing he would act all put out. Terrible customer care!

They advertise a fishing boat included with your cabin rental - HOWEVER - again you must ask GARY, only to find out that the boats are NOT kept in the water like everywhere else, but stacked up against the boathouse, no motor in sight and again putting him out by getting him to do the most simple thing. Who ever thought a family staying at a resort named LAKESHORE might want to use a boat????Unbelieveable...

If you do rent anything from him, be very careful. Most of his equipment is in disrepair and he will try to say you broke things that were already broken - just to keep your damage deposit. Really impressive!!!!

The boat we rented was so dirty we had to spend over an hour cleaning just to feel comfortable sitting in it. Very Gross. To top it off, the (relatively) cleaner boat we requested-but couldn't use due to "engine problems" was the same boat Gary and some friends went boating in while we were cleaning the dirty one he gave us to use!
As a guest you really have to love being lied too!

IF you’re looking for a nice, clean place to stay, where they are honest and care about you and treat you like a guest...then drive right by this place. I wouldn’t send my enemies to stay there!

I have stayed at Chetek resorts before and believe me there are better ones out there - Much better!!!

9 Thank thetruthteller
lalasChetek, owner at Lakeshore Resort, responded to this review, April 28, 2009
Hi to everyone that is checking out LAKESHORE RESORT. My name is Lynda Root and I am the owner of Lakeshore. Please check out my website and you will see that Gary is no longer part of Lakeshore. I have taken over the business and am looking forward to showing you how much fun you can have here.
I am sooooo sorry on any problems or concerns in the past with what may have happened with Gary around here. I was on the property but worked away from the business so 'yes' he was suppose to take care of the place. If you did not get to meet me, I am a people person and YOU come first. I will do what I can to make sure that you are happy, to enjoy your stay here and hopefully return. I have made some changes and plan on more in the future.
Please contact me or one of my staff to join us here. I will make sure your stay with me is a good experience.
Lynda Root
LAKESHORE RESORT
715-859-2916 (business)
715-764-2361 (cell)

Been to Lakeshore Resort? Share your experiences!