“Shipping Meat ”

Chetek Cafe & Meat Shop
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Chetek
Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: American & german restaurant, traditional greek dishes, home made gyros & tzatziki,meat shop, all grilling needs available, home made brats, steaks cut to order, seasonings, home made steak garlic butter, meat box specials, camp fire wood for sale FREE WIFI
Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

I have only had the privilege to eat at the Chetek Cafe once. I live in Arizona and only return to Wisconsin for family events. I will fix this deplorable situation in May when I return for my granddaughter's graduation and the birth of my first great grandchild. My significant other was in Chetek recently for an early Christmas with her family. She contacted Norbert, telling him again how much I appreciate his culinary magic. He made up a 15 lb selection of his indescribable products so she could hand carry them back to Phoenix. I am on a low sodium diet and he hand crafted each selection to accommodate my needs. When I unwrapped his masterpieces, I felt like I was looking at Gold, Frankensensense, and Myrrh. Then he hand delivered them to her on the morning of her flight, even though he was not open for business that day. He and his wife are extraordinary people. I told him I would rather he do the cooking and I do the eating, but this will hold me over for the next 6 months. I informed him that when I once again have the honor to eat in his restaurant, I intend to get down on my knees, bow, and say "I'm not worthy."

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank 230garyj

Reviewed November 18, 2017

I have already written a very positive review about the Chetek Cafe, focusing on their awesome breakfast buffet. I feel like I need to write a second review, describing how amazing of an experience we had hiring the Chetek Cafe to cater a Badger Football party we hosted. We knew we wanted to try and duplicate the Chetek Cafe breakfast buffet for our party so we contacted the Cafe to see what our options were. From the beginning, Norbert was excellent to work with. He met with us in person, explained all of our options and helped us create a brunch menu that was outstanding. Norbert took the time to visit the event site to talk with the venue owners to see what they could or couldn't provide and to make sure that everything would be ready to go on event day. The night before the party, Norbert once again visited the event site to make sure everything would work as expected. Fortunately, because of his early visit, he realized that the outlets at the venue would blow the circuits with the warming tables he had, so he was able to trouble shoot and provide a plan B that worked just as well. Now to talk about the food. We were provided with a wide variety of awesome food including: sauerkraut with smoked pork, two types of scrambled eggs, fantastic German breakfast potatoes, two types of breakfast sausage, thick cut bacon, mushroom gravy and pastries. Everyone at the party went crazy over the food. They couldn't stop commenting on how great everything tasted. It was evident that Norbert takes a great deal of pride in what he does. Now to talk about the amount of food. When we met with Norbert, he said his portions were "generous". This is an epic understatement. We had ordered more than we needed, but holy cow! Most of our guests returned to the buffet two or three times, and we still had tons of food left over. We filled five large aluminum roasting pans with leftovers. What provided the icing on the cake was the price. I have been to weddings where I know the hosts spent close to $20 a plate, and the food was average at best. Norbert's price was less than $10 per plate!! For the quality and amount of food we received, plus the quality of the service, I would say this was a huge bargain. My wife and I loved every aspect of the meal Norbert and the Chetek Cafe provided. I would highly recommend their service to anyone. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank prairiedave
Reviewed October 23, 2017

Very clean place and food is good,great service and good selection of fresh meat.Hardworking people. Sunday Buffett is really good with fresh pastry included.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Randy E
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Walking through the little hamlet of Chetek,WI we peeked in the window and decided to give it a try. German/American food the sign said. I had the jaegerschnitsel and my date had the breakfast buffet. It was the best meal I've had to date in 2017. The homemade sauerkraut was as good as my German Mothers. Crunchy and flavorful. The schnitzel was an inch thick, perfectly cooked and covered entirely with mushroom gravy. A magnificent meal. Every employee in the place was super friendly, full of smiles and concerned that we had a good experience. We were just visiting the area from out of state but this restaurant will make Chetek a destination for us next time we travel in Wisconsin. We highly highly recommend it.

Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

The buffet had a good variety of food. Some of the best bacon I’ve had. They also had homemade German sausage patties, sauerkraut with ham, plus all the typical breakfast buffet choices. You can even have German coffee if you’d like.
The service was really good. The servers check in often and are very friendly.
The decor is small town hometown feel.