“Just Wow”

Chetek Cafe & Meat Shop
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Chetek
Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: American & german restaurant, traditional greek dishes, home made gyros & tzatziki,meat shop, all grilling needs available, home made brats, steaks cut to order, seasonings, home made steak garlic butter, meat box specials, camp fire wood for sale FREE WIFI
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Walking through the little hamlet of Chetek,WI we peeked in the window and decided to give it a try. German/American food the sign said. I had the jaegerschnitsel and my date had the breakfast buffet. It was the best meal I've had to date in 2017. The homemade sauerkraut was as good as my German Mothers. Crunchy and flavorful. The schnitzel was an inch thick, perfectly cooked and covered entirely with mushroom gravy. A magnificent meal. Every employee in the place was super friendly, full of smiles and concerned that we had a good experience. We were just visiting the area from out of state but this restaurant will make Chetek a destination for us next time we travel in Wisconsin. We highly highly recommend it.

Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

The buffet had a good variety of food. Some of the best bacon I’ve had. They also had homemade German sausage patties, sauerkraut with ham, plus all the typical breakfast buffet choices. You can even have German coffee if you’d like.
The service was really good. The servers check in often and are very friendly.
The decor is small town hometown feel.

Reviewed October 14, 2017

This American/German/Greek cafe has an interesting menu. While there for lunch, we picked a smoked Polish and a schnitzel with onions. The sausage was AWESOME. The schnitzel had a good flavor, but it was not pounded as is typical. The pork was as thick as a chop and huge. I could only eat half. My sides were great. The potatoes were a mix of potatoes, onions, and peppers. The kraut was homemade from a 30-year old recipe. I highly recommend both of them. I probably would try another entree next time. NOTE: they also sell their meats and sides packaged to take home.

Reviewed September 29, 2017

Magnificent made from scratch food be it the menu, specials, or the weekend breakfast buffet...add the authentic German cuisine onto the buffet and menu and you have an amazing gem in the Northwoods of upstate Wisconsin. Fantastic, friendly service, too!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

The problem with living in a large city, we do not have a place like this to frequent! Family owned and operated cafes like the Chetek Cafe are a jewel. A place where they know your name, and genuinely care how you've been. You can get a great meal at a fair price! Try the blueberry jam and order the German Coffee!

Date of visit: September 2017