“Excellent Bed & Breakfast!”

Washington House Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cedarburg
Minneapolis
“Excellent Bed & Breakfast!”
Reviewed December 2, 2008

We have stayed at The Washington House Inn numerous times, as we have family in Cedarburg. Over the years, we have occaisonally tried other inns and hotels (mainly when the Washington House was booked) but we always return - with a sigh of relief. The service is consistently above average, the food is excellent, and the rooms are very clean and comfortable - and what an array of rooms from which to select! A daily happy hour showcases local wines and a selection of cheeses. You'll enjoy a homemade breakfast each morning with selections ranging from fresh squeezed juices, breads & muffins, fruit, egg dishes, and cereals. This is a quaint, lovely, peaceful inn conveniently located near restaurants, bars, unique shops, candy stores, and a movie theatre. Any time of year, make a reservation - you won't regret it!

Jim and Marie Brown
Minneapolis, MN

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
chicago
Reviewed December 2, 2008

Washington Inn,

What a delightful place and what wonderful memories y 2 friends and I have had for over 15 years of visits. We travel to the Washington Inn each year at Christmas time with our food, wine, gifts for each other and lots of warm memories from previous years!!

We are always received warmly by the staff of the Washington Inn with recognition of our longevity. We 3 friends have little girlish excitement about setting up the lovely room with our Christmas touches - then we are off for an afternoon of having a great lunch up the street from the Washington Inn and on to hours of fun shopping...........

We always stop on our way back to the room a couple of doors from the Inn for some fabulous Chocolate to have after our dinner - which by the way is enjoyed in our charming room
along with all of our other sharing.

I truly get warm inside just thinking about our visit in 2 weeks to Cedarburg and all of it's charm and of course our favorite room at the Washington Inn.

Thank you and we certainly look forward to seeing you!

Trudy Church

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
Cedarburg
Reviewed November 17, 2008

My husband and I spent our Wedding night at the Washington Inn and had a wonderful time. VERY ROMANTIC!!! VERY QUAINT!! VERY CHARMING!!! I loved it SO much, for our anniversary; my husband took me back to the Washington Inn as a surprise. We got to spend more time at the inn and once again I was amazed. There was a cheese and wine bar before supper. Breakfast was great! Staff was friendly. The rooms are very clean. I even liked the little soaps and shampoos, (finally, a place that gives a small bottle of shampoo and CONDITIONER!!!) Spent time in the sauna and relaxed!! The town is wonderful to walk around and the Washington Inn is in the heart of it all!! You cannot beat the location!! I love is so much, I recommend it all my friends. A must stay! JMTF

• Liked — Locations
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Libertyville, Il
Reviewed October 9, 2008

The Washington House Inn has been a consistently wonderfully relaxing experience for us for the last 20 years. We have spent many romantic anniversaries and weekend get aways here throughout the years! The minute we approach the town of Cedarburg we begin to relax and forget the world around us. When we arrive at the hotel we feel as if we are coming to our family home in the country.
There is nothing pretentious about the Washington House Inn, it is an example of genuine Wisconsin hospitality. The unique and individual room decor is spectacular! The cleaniness is unsurpassed! The wine and cheese is very generous and the breakfast is simply awesome, especially the homemade granola and baked goods! We have never been disappointed and start planning our next visit as we bid adieu!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
chicago
Reviewed October 8, 2008

A good friend told me about this interesting town and beautiful Bed and Breakfast. His glowing description prompted me to stay at the Washington House Inn. I was so completely enthralled by my first visit that I have returned two more times. My latest and third visit to Cedarburg was just as satisfying and , if possible, even more pleasurable.
This B&B is so spectacular, I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. The rooms are beautifully decorated and have comfortable antique furnishings.
They offer continental breakfasts, which are very generous. They include homemade pastries, fresh fruit and juices, hard-boiled eggs, flaky biscuits, granola, cereals, coffee and tea in a warm and inviting dining room. Their "Wine and Cheese Hour" is equally plentiful. An assortment of wines from the Cedarburg Winery with a variety of cheeses, crackers, fresh fruit, and hot quiche.
To sum it up--the rooms are exceptional, the food is delicious and presented in a most appetizing fashion, the service is outstanding. If you come once, you will not be disappointed, and I guarantee, you'll be returning.
I cannot say enough wonderful things about this B&B.

• Liked — beautifully decorated
  • Disliked — nothing--I liked everything
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
machesney
Reviewed October 5, 2008

into a wonderful atmosphere that instantly takes your breath away and makes your heart filled with joy. When you first come through the entrance, your instantly welcomed by a beautiful fireplace that is always surrounded by gorgeous fresh flowers. The inn keeper is there to greet you with a precious smile and inform you of the wonderful social hour that takes place in a enchanted dining room every evening. Upon entering the room you have chose, you instantly are amazed at the ambiance and charachter of all the antique furnture that surrounds you. The grand finally is the whirlpool tub, depending on the room you chose will give the variation in size of the whirlpool. My hubby and I loved them all. Our favorite is the King suite, it has an joining room with jacuzzi and fireplace,and a spiral staircase! I also have to mention the queen suite is just as nice, that has a jacuzzi with skylights above!!! That was our honeymoon suite! Our goal is to visit every room in the inn. Everything thing about Washington house is excellent , from the atmosphere, to wine and cheese social hour, morning breakfast, guest services, to the town its located in..... makes me wish I was there right now.

• Liked — room and wine
  • Disliked — i only stayed one day and didnt want to leave
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
racine, wisconsin
Reviewed October 1, 2008

We recently stayed at the Washington House Inn in Cedarburg, Wisconsin. However, this certainly wasn't our first visit. We have stayed 18 times in the last 5 or 6 years.
Cedarburg itself, and the Washington House in particular, is a wonderful place to go. At the Washington House, the rooms are comfortable and have such a rustic, yet elegant flair. Most rooms have a fireplace and/or whirlpool.
The staff is available to see to any need you may have. They offer a wine and cheese hour from 5:00-6:00 each evening, and of course, a fabulous breakfast each morning. These are served in a large dining room, leaving you to either socialize or keep to yourself- whichever you prefer.
It must be said that the town of Cedarburg lends itself to the overall charm. There are countless shops, restaurants, and a peaceful river flowing through the area. It almost seems that you have stepped back a bit in time.
Arriving at the Washington House brings a sigh of relief- a respite from the daily grind. We look forward to many future visits.

• Liked — the atmosphere and the staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cedarburg
Holiday Inn Port Washington
#2 of 3 in Port Washington
Downtown
The Pfister Hotel
The Pfister Hotel
#5 of 56 in Milwaukee

Been to Washington House Inn? Share your experiences!