“Best pizza anywhere”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed March 20, 2009

We regularly eat Tomaso via carryout and compared to other pizza in the Milwaukee area, this one stands heads and tails the best I have ever tasted. The carryout crew is very pleasant to customers and my order is always ready when they tell me. If you opt to eat in remember to order your food at the bar.

There are newer reviews for Tomaso's

Reviewed March 15, 2009

We have been there several times and enjoyed the pizza & home made chip's .The last time their the pizza was not like before. It had a different taste. I even asked about did they change the recipe and the bartender gave me funny look and said no. So after reading the other reviews and traveling from racine to cedarburg I find that It's not worth the aggrevation.

2  Thank 53snoopy
Reviewed November 24, 2008

We used to come all the time. Loved the atmosphere and the pizza. I don't know but the last couple times we were there they stopped making the pizza with the sauce on the top! That's what was to great and tasty about it! Why did they stop?? Or does it depend on the cook? I don't know...but it stopped us from coming and as far as the bartender...I agree. If you are not into customer service, find another profession! I'll tell you, anyone who wants to start their own franchise for pizza should make it the way they used to. Big money maker!

1  Thank katelee46
Reviewed October 17, 2008

We went to Tomaso's in Cedarburg for lunch on a Sunday afternoon. There were eight of us and we sat for 20 minutes before realizing they do not have a waitress. We figured out that we had to order from the RUDE bartender named Chris who had seated us but didn't bother telling us that we had to order from the bar.

We finally ordered pizza that took 40 minutes instead of the promised 15-20. We inquired a couple of times about our pizza when it was over 30 minutes and other people who had come in after us were getting their food. After waiting for almost 40 minutes, I approached the bartender and asked for an update on our pizza. At that, he shouted at me, "This isn't McDonald's Lady". I tried to explain that we had now been waiting a total of 1 hour because we didn't know about ordering from the bar and he had told us the pizza would only take 15-20 and now it's almost 40 minutes. He proceeded to shout at me "No one else has a problem with it and if you are going to cause problems you can leave!" I asked for the manager or the owner. He told me he was the only one there and he WAS! Except for the kids in the back cooking. Then Chris disappeared into the back leaving us to guess which cold pizza was ours sitting on the counter. I would have left then but we had several hungry people with us.

The next day I found out who the owners were, Nicole and Scott Tomaso, and called them. I had been told by a newspaper dining critic to call the owner and let them know how badly we were treated. When I got Nicole on the phone, I was shocked at how rude and argumentative she was with me! Immediately she claimed that it was a "He said, she said situation and why should she believe me over her employee. Apparently when she asked the bartender what happened he lied about the whole thing. It seemed no matter what I tried to tell her, she continued to yell and argue with me. I finally told her I would never come into her restaraunt again and I could understand why her employee treated me so badly because it comes from the top down and she is obviously the same way.

This is a typical case of a second generation restaurant being left to the kids and having them run it into the ground. She's off enjoying her parent's hard work and leaving their legacy to kids.

Interestingly enough, when ever I tell people that I had a bad experience in a restaruant in Cedarburg, they IMMEDIATELY guess Tomaso's!! The local newspaper editor told me that they have had A LOTof complaints about Tomaso's but since they buy advertising in their newspaper, they won't run a negative review.

The food is definately not worth it -- and certainly not the wait!

2  Thank 2XJAD
Reviewed August 29, 2008

I have had same experience with this bartender many times, well every time actually. He has been there for 20+ years though. He has a compulsive obsessive disorder of some kind. He is not friendly, but the pizza is the best I ever had in Wisconsin. Just get take out and avoid the whole drama of the bar.

1  Thank DaveOzric