“One of My Go-To's For Great Steak!”
Review of Farmstead

Farmstead
Ranked #4 of 53 Restaurants in Cedarburg
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Nestled right off the main road in Cedarburg, this old, small stone farmhouse serves up some of the best steak I have ever eaten. My favorite: the garlic crushed filet with sugar snap peas and home made steak fries. DELISH!

The menu rarely changes, and is rather limited compared to other steak joints in the area, but this should not deter you.

Opening at 4:30 for dinner, plan on getting there early, or prepare to wait at the bar. This place fills up very quickly, and the wait can be long, especially on a Friday or Saturday night - but it is well worth it.

2  Thank Bootyp

Reviewed August 6, 2013

So...not what you expect. I mean..I read great reviews. I know it's a favorite of my brothers Fam..they go often. So we finally went. It's so well hidden off the road! You would never see it. Can't even see it when you turn into the parking lot! A hidden farmhouse in the middle
Of a fantastic fun little town! Literally an old house! But rather dark..and strangely romantic..full of people having fun in little private areas everywhere. Great waitress!fun and on the ball! Great food. Great drinks!!! Great place to celebrate! We love great food..private spaces..fun wait staffs...down to earth environments. This has it all. You can go in jeans to celebrate a promotion with a friend...yet order delicious drinks...high quality food..fun..yet private. Great job Farmstead! An hour drive for us..we will be back.

2  Thank l l
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Had a 45 minute wait but didn't mind. They have a back bar in a screened in room and the service was great. Ordered a special and split it. 12oz angus sirloin with hollandaise sauce and topped with crab and asparagus. The servings are huge. The atmosphere was ok but way too dark. I would definitely go there Again.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We got there right as they began serving dinner at 5:00. I am so glad we did. We got to see the place before it was crowded. The interior of the building is pretty cool. Maybe a little over accessorized. Our waitress, Margie, was excellent. I ordered the $16.99 chicken filet covered with a plum sauce and cashews. I was disappointed in my filet. It was about 4" x 4" or even smaller. It was butterflied, so the inedible cartilage down the middle further shrunk the size. Not only was the plum sauce not visible, there was no flavor evident either. The garlic mashed potatoes, on the other hand, we plentiful, probably a full cup and a half. They were just ok. By 6:00 the place was full. At that point there was only one tiny route out of the place, as all the tables are so close to each other when people sat down the backs of their chairs touched or left only a few inches between. We had a two hour drive ahead of us, so we headed towards the bathroom. It is in the back where they have two booth tables. When I got back there I could smell the bathrooms before I saw them. Someone really smelled up the ladies room. The doors to the restrooms are on each side of one of the booths. Ugh! Poor diners back there, and there were diners eating there.

1  Thank Gretchen3
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our first visit, and our family really LOVED this place. It's got a great feel to it when you walk in the door. It kind of reminds us of Ishnala, just outside of the Dells...just not on the water. Nothing eclectic or fancy about the menu offerings...go for Wisconsin Comfort Food/Atmosphere (steaks are awesome!) Our waitress has obviously worked there a long time and made us feel very comfortable. We were lucky and went on the 4th of July and we didn't have to wait for a table. If you have to wait to be seated, the good news is that they have a huge backyard room to sit and have a drink. This beautiful stand-alone is not located street-side, as it's hidden... so look for the sign! Yes, it's a little pricey, but worth it!

1  Thank MoranTravels