“Can't eat outside - IN SUMMER!!”
Review of Farmstead

Farmstead
Ranked #4 of 53 Restaurants in Cedarburg
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We only have a few short months of summer in Wisconsin and trying to eat outside as much as possible is wonderful - if you agree DO NOT GO HERE

A wonderful net enclosed deck with nice flowers a breeze - but you can not eat there due to "a
capacity issue" for the kitchen!

Eaten there before (in winter) and food and service is very good.

Now sitting by the creek at the Anvil enjoying a nice steak!

2  Thank Mdoolan

Reviewed June 27, 2011

I heard about their Cap N Crunch chicken so we went so I could try it, the wife got New York strip steak and upon ordering we were under the impression it was $12.99 turns out it was $36 and when I asked the waitress told us very loudly that it's no problem if you don't have enough money you don't have to tip me. I have never been so embarrassed in my life. I used my credit card and she got normal tip.

We haven't been. Back since, very uppity crowd.

2  Thank bum76
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We ate here recently after reading some online reviews. The Restaurant is off the main drag in Cedarburg, there is a sign on the main road, but you travel back behind another building to a small wooded area and there are no signs that we saw outside the restaurant, other than on the door. The Farmstead is a historic looking building and as soon as we stepped out of the car, you could smell wonderful food. The inside has stone walls with antique artifacts haning on them. It looks like a quaint, cozy old tavern from the 1800s. We were given at 15 minute wait time and sat in the bar for drinks. Bartenders were talkative and friendly, good with our teen daughters, we asked for menus to look at while in the bar and they brought them promptly. In addition we carried our bar tab over to the table. The seating are is small, maybe seating for thirty. We had a nice table for 4 in the corner. Entrees started about $15.99 for chicken or fish and went up. My husband and I both had Tenderloin with mushrooms, $19.99- $27.99,most tender and excellent, wonderful garlic mashed potatoes and pea pods. The vegetable is pea pods. They were good also. Food was great, service was a little slow, but we weren't in a hurry.

2  Thank Famtravel5
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Mine is a combination compliment - complaint. Three of the people in our party of four ordered the garlic smashed beef tenderlion with garlic mashed potatoes which came with a generous side of snow peas. The beef was outstanding! One person in our party ordered the Ceasar Salad topped with beef tenderlion. Again the beef was melt in your mouth terrific, but when biting into the romaine lettuce, it seemed very set. Upon further inspection, she discovered approximately 1/2 cup of standing water in the bottom of her salad bowl. Our concern was not lessened when the waitress explained "we wash our lettuce". One would certainly hope they wash their lettuce, but dump the rinse water down the drain, not on the paying customer's plate!! Have to say we have no plans to return to the Farmstead. They made no effort to apologize or remunerate with an offset on the bill or even a complimentary drink.

Reviewed October 18, 2010

The garlic glaze on the steaks is a must. The best garlic mashed potatoes I've ever had. The servers are very attentive and friendly. Great casual dining.

1  Thank fwschnitzel