“Solid breakfast with great service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
PJ Piper Pancake House
Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in Cedarburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My family stopped in for brunch on a trip north and we had a tasty meal. The food came very quickly (bonus points with two small children involved!) and the service was fantastic. The only thing keeping it from rating five stars is the touted cinnamon crunch French toast. I agree with a previous reviewer that it was chewy and underwhelming. My kids loved their pancakes and I had a wonderful Greek omelet. Overall, it made a great stop for us!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I had a little get away weekend in Cedarburg and stopped here for breakfast one morning because of the rave reviews it had on Trip Advisor! I feel really bad giving it an average rating because it was a nice place with a really nice staff, but our food was just so-so. I was extremely excited to try the cinnamon crunch french toast as I love cinnamon and sugar and I love french toast... but it turned out to be just tough, chewy italian bread dipped in egg batter and cinnamon sugar. The flavor was good, but I didn't care for the chewy texture. My husband had the Big Sky breakfast which included two eggs, two sausage, hash browns, two pancakes and two pieces of toast. He liked everything... except for the pancakes, unfortunately. I tried a bite and they tasted bitter and had a dense, gummy texture, like they maybe had too much baking powder in them. Again, I feel bad giving this place an average review since the staff was so nice and other people seemed to really like the food here. Maybe we just got a bad batch.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I've only been here for breakfast. Portions are huge and the price is small! My husband usually split a breakfast platter because it's so big! The place is usually busy on a weekend, but the food is served quickly. Good service too. I'm still trying to get over there to try lunch!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Best pancakes around and a real down home atmosphere in downtown Cedarburg. Great pancakes and a lot of other nice breakfast and sandwich choices. Must try!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed in The Stagecoach Bed & Breakfast next door but skipped the breakfast part and went right next door to the restaurant. Delicious breakfasts including the Cinnamon Crunch French Toast which was fantastic. My wife's apple pancakes were excellent as well. Looking forward to another trip to Cedarburg to try out more things on the menu!

1  Thank ScubaDiver9184