“Love this place!”

Amy's Candy Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 13 Shopping in Cedarburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the Amy's Gourmet Apples retail store, Amy's Candy Kitchen. Our 19th century open-concept kitchen and retail storefront is located in historic downtown Cedarburg Wisconsin. We have had our facility open since 1996. We remain as an active member in the community where we participate in many of the famous Cedarburg festivals such as Strawberry Fest in June, Harvest Fest in September and Winter Fest during December. You can find our retail facility by driving right down the main road, Washington Avenue. We are located right next to the Chocolate Factory and the Washington House Inn bed and breakfast house. We make all of our award winning products right here in our Amy's kitchen for pickup or shipping to you!
Wis. Rapids, Wi
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Love this place!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I love this place! The candy is so good...it's always hard to pick just one! I highly recommend the dark chocolate covered potato chips! I also loved the triple dipped Belgium apple. Service is good and friendly, even when they are busy.

Visited May 2014

Cedarburg, Wisconsin
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“High Price Low Customer Service”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Our family has gone to Amy's for 10+ years and has noticed a lack of empowerment of workers by the owner John. Allegedly, when a compliment or complaint is made, the worker (tonight Lauren) can not do anything to rectify the dilemma. I was instructed to call tomorrow to fix the quality control problem our family had tonight (i.e. two of our Carmel apples which collectively cost $18 were thin on caramel and lacking good taste). The past 4 times we have stopped in, the apples seem to have less ingredients upon the apples (maybe a cost cutting element)? We have let the issue go expecting the occurrence to be an anomaly but today confirmed our disappointment. I called to compliment the taste and presentation of the other items purchased but was disappointed with the lack of concern, caring, and ability of the employees (Laruen in this case) to rectify the issue. At most places (e.g. the Chocolate Factory, Jewelry Works, McDonald's et cetera...) the initial call is all a customer has to make about a concern. However, now I am told our family will have to patiently wait and "take it" because that is how Amy's conducts business. I am disappointed to have learned the rumors I have heard about the owner John not being present or available to contact about concerns. An adjunct should be immediately available to mollify concerns of customers and if the employee in charge is left to assuage the position of the store, the employee should at very least sound and act concerned. we experienced no general customer appreciation. Tourists and locals be warned of the high prices and low customer care.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank John171769
Green Bay, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Terrible customer service”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I've been to Amy's many times, the last time being in September. They have great tasting but expensive apples. However, the service has been terrible every time. Not once has an employee acknowledged me when I walked in. They just stared. Every time I have to ask for service. You'd think being a small business they'd treat their customers better than a corporate organization.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Emily N
Hoffman Estates, IL
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Best Carmel Apple I've ever Enjoyed”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We made a stop on our way thru Cedarburg because we smelled the chocolate while driving by. It was worth the trip around the block and grabbing a parking spot.

Visited June 2013
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Delicious!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

At first glance, Amy's prices may seem a bit steep, but the treats are so worth it! I had a dark chocolate pistachio caramel apple and it was fantastic!

Visited March 2013