“Artistry on display” 4 of 5 bubbles

101 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Artistry on display”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Restored barn and out buildings have been repurposed as a display area for both older and contemporary quilts and fabric art works. Lovely space and great to see both what had been done with the buildings and the lovely art works.

Visited July 2013

Wisconsin
103 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 196 helpful votes
“An Inspiration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

The first time I visited the museum years ago, displays were in a small, stone house and an old barn. Have things changed in subsequent years! The gift shop and gallery are now housed in a wonderfully renovated barn which fits in beautifully with Cedarburg's historic past.

My friend and I were greeted by a welcoming volunteer who shared a bit of information about the museum, including plans for Phase II which would add another barn to the property for added gallery space. We were then told that we could pay the $6 admission fee at the gift shop desk and pass through into the gallery. Yes - there is an admission fee even though I couldn't find any mention of it on their website. I would think they would share that information so there aren't any surprises. Anyway...

The Biennale display that we saw is their first bi-annual display of quilts and fiber arts submitted by Wisconsin residents. It included some fantastic, colorful quilts as well as hooked rugs and clothing. They are already planning their next event for 2015 and visitors can sign up to receive information as it becomes available. The breadth of creativity was definitely an inspiration.

The gift shop included a wonderful assortment of all sorts of things that relate to quilting and fiber arts - jewelry, books, table runners, craft projects, toys, etc. I couldn't resist the stick pins with colorful, fancy tops that won't get lost in the carpeting when I work on projects.

If you're planning a trip to the museum, I would recommend checking out the website for information on the ever-changing displays. The website also offers information about upcoming classes, school tours, etc.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Beatriz121
Naperville, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Cute spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Such a nice, creative place to find in a small town. I appreciated the local art and artists' work. Worth stopping by

Visited April 2013
Wausau
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The quilts are fine, restored barn is better.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Since we are from Wausau, WI where we have a great museum with a world reknowned Birds in Art Exhibit each year the Birds in Quilts was very interesting to us. Howver, I was just as impressed by the restoration of the barn that houses this facility. Therefore it was well worth the $4 fee fot seniors.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Bob1561616
Alsip, Illinois
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“I love quilts, so I loved this museum.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

When we planned a trip to Cedarburg with friends, I was a thrilled quilter to find out that this museum was also "part of the package." We enjoyed looking at the beautiful applique of the "Taking Flight" exhibit. The barn made a wonderful setting for the quilts.

Visited March 2013