“Everything about this establishment is great”

Badger Crossing Pub & Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
Badger Crossing Pub & Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Cashton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Love the food, service and menu. I recommend making a reservation on weekends unless you want to wait for a table.

1  Thank stephanie p

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We always go to the Badger Crossing. I love it there. The wait time is always about 20 minutes on the weekends, but with the great service at the bar, it really doesn't seem that long. The food is excellent. I don't think I've ever had a bad meal there. My favorite is the prime rib on Saturday nights! So So Good!!! I love their salad bar, and the service has never dissapointed. This supper club has it all. If you are looking for a place to have a wonderful evening, than trust me, this is where you want to go. My husband and I even drive there from Winona when we want to get out. There isn't a better restaurant around!

1  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Ordered the lunch special, which was baked chicken. Should have read twice baked and dryed. Asked the waitress if they had another piece of white chicken that wasn't so overdone. She came back with dark meat and said thats all there is. Not a big fan of dark meat, but didnt seem like much option. The fake mashed potatos were glue, and cold. The gravy out of a can. The mixed veg were from a can or frozen,it didnt matter as they were way over done. I elected to pay for my "special" and order something else. To the waitress credit she tossed the meal and didn't charge me. My next order was ok. Seems like whenever we have lunch here it isnt that great, escpecially the specials. It is ok I guess to have fake potatos and gravy, but dont buy the cheapest. Maybe taste the food first. The atmosphere suggests the food should be better. Maybe run better specials. Can't believe a cook would be proud of the meal I received. Felt sorry for the waitress. She could have used help. Hard to mix drinks, be hostess, waitress, cashier, and bus girl. Have had some ok dinners there and the evening salad bar is good, but may have to rethink having lunch here.

1  Thank cjmom16
BadgerCashton, Owner at Badger Crossing Pub & Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

In response to this disappointing review, we would like to point out that baked chicken is one of our most popular lunch specials. We served 24 lunch specials on that particular day and the only complaint was from this customer. We did our best to make her happy to no avail, even making her an entirely different meal. She made it a point to discourage other customers from ordering the special and made derogatory comments to other customers. In looking at other reviews she's posted it would appear that she is one of those customers that is never happy. Please do not let this one negative review discourage you from visiting our restaurant. We have many regular customers that visit our restaurant for our $5.99 daily lunch special as well as many satisfied customers that dine with us every evening.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stopped for lunch during a get-away weekend. The building is warm with the dark wood and bar-like but fancier atmosphere. (It was originally a grocery store!) The waitress was wonderful. It wasn't terribly busy so she chatted with us but wasn't intrusive. We had burgers and fries (regular & sweet potato) and everything was delicious. I would recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank MKHill
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We ate here based on previous Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed. I will admit this gem is a bit off the beaten path, but more than worth a detour. The atmosphere is relaxed and retro, the service was great and the prices more than reasonable. The menu is HUGE and offers basically anything from appetizers to steaks and seafood to pasta. If you are anyplace near Cashton, Wisconsin, take the time to head downtown and check this place out.

1  Thank tknopf