“The Worst Place I've Ever Eaten At!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of German Haus - CLOSED

German Haus
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Description: This is hands down the best German food you can find. It NEEDS to be on TripAdvisor! Thanks!
Lake Linden, Michigan
“The Worst Place I've Ever Eaten At!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is in all seriousness probably the worst place that I have ever eaten at. I went there with some friends while we were training at Volk Field and it was simply horrible. The service was slow and unwelcoming but what really was bad was the food. I ordered a lemonade and the waitness brought me a can of Country Time lemonade (without telling me that it would be in a can). Needless to say--refills were not free. The beverage situation should have been my first warning (or maybe the fact that there rather cavernous building was deserted except for our group) but I plowed ahead and ordered a burger and fries. When the burger arrived, it was a small hamburger patty on a tiny bun straight from an eight-pack for $2.00. The serving of fries was small and cold. To top everything off--the price of this "feast" was not cheap--over $10.00. Honestly, this set the standard for bad service and worse food. Every time I enter a new restuarant, I worry that it will be as bad as this place.....

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank Jay L

New Lisbon, Wisconsin
“Good Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

There is alot of food if you go to the Buffet nights and it's always good.
Not too many German resturants around but the food is good.

Bloomington, Minnesota
“Very poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stopped here on our way to Milwaukee as we were pressed for time and all our stops in the past (several years ago) were quick ones. Not so this time. Although we were encouraged by the fact that there were only about 6 tables occupied by patrons when we stopped at lunch time on a Saturday, some already had their food. There was one waitress and a gentleman that seated us (and later brought us our food). We got water and menus, then were ignored for 15 minutes while the waitress chatted and joked around with another table of patrons, even though we were ready to order and had set our menus to the side to indicate so. We almost walked out. The food was average at best, nothing to brag about. I had a bratwurst with fries and my partner had a pork chop with baked potato. While it took awhile to cook the pork chop, we could have had our meal a lot sooner if the waitress had simply excused herself from the chatterers momentarily and taken our order. Then she could have returned to the other table and our order would have been ready 15 minutes earlier than it was.

• Visited June 2012
Tomah, Wisconsin
“Great Mother's Day Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

My dad treated my mom and family to a wonerful meal. There was something for everyone.My 8yr old loved the soup. My dad and mom were there a few weeks ago for prime rib and it was the best they have ever had.

• Visited May 2012
Tomah, Wisconsin
“Gino Pirelli”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

Although it touts German food, there is not much German about it