“Awesome! The best anywhere! You'd be a FOOL to miss this park!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caledonia
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort
“Awesome! The best anywhere! You'd be a FOOL to miss this park!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We love this park! I've read some of the reviews that are negative, and I have to say...I DON'T GET IT! It seems like some people are impossible to please! Saying they don't have the basic necessities in the store is crazy! I searched to see if they didn't have something I possibly could need for basic supplies, and I went with my wife in the store and thought about stuff that could come up if we weren't prepared, and everything we could POSSIBLY ask for, was on the shelves

It's there for your convenience for goodness sake, if you forget to carry a spare you're for your car, and you go to a convenience store looking for one, you're GOOFY! And, don't blame them for not carrying your shade of eyeshadow (metaphorically speaking, of course)...it is not a basic necessity. Their store is LOADED with everything you could need! That's right...EVERYTHING!

The staff are the best at trying to meet your needs as well. In the week that we have been here, I don't think I passed one staff that didn't wave, or say hello. That takes dedication!

I will gladly bring my family back to this great, relaxing, park... anytime in the future...it's worth the drive for me from the western suburbs of Chicago, to this friendly campground in the "Packers" land of Wisconsin.

Go BEARS! :-)

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank jiherron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were disturbed by our neighbors with their loud mouths and all the kids arguing after 10 P.M. until the wee hours Saturday night, July 6, 2013 (The neighbors that took the site of the the noisy neighbors that left Saturday A.M. from Friday nite.) and the group in the other direction in the cabin, 2 sites away from us. We were on site 177 Saturday night with our daughter and son-in-law, but both days, they and we probably got to actually sleep 4 hours total in 2 nights camping. Where was security to enforce "quiet time" at your campground? The guests on the other side of us , with a dog , were friendly, quiet and courteous.
I'm 64 years old and was told I had to be age 12 or under to try the water slides. The other slides were not even "open" in the afternoon! And we had to walk far to the pool from site 177. Other campgrounds provide hayrides to the office and pool area. We could have driven, but were afraid we'd be stopped because when we checked in, we were told we could only park by the site for 20 minutes. You cannot have everything in the tent all night, especially foods. There were a lot of cars for the sites in the back row. Extra people were getting in after hours to stay all night. Again, where was your security? We won't be back and we love tent camping.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Jillseaquist
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed over July 4th.

The first night (3rd) was ok. Men's toilets were not flushing and dirty.

Night of 4th was dreadful. Ladies restrooms almost unusable and not clean at all- 2 were blocked.....

People letting fireworks off and no one seemed to be stopping them. We were scared as we were in a tent- not Rv- as tents are not fire resistant. Maybe in the US this is not considered dangerous .......

Noise until almost 2am from site behind- kids were running around blowing whistles at midnight and kicking balls. Radios were on loudly, cars moving around.We couldn't sleep and staff did nothing.

Got told lot of rules- must wear wrist bands or will be asked to leave, if you use your own firewood, you will get 200 dollars fine...... I saw other campers rip branches off trees..... And no one seemed to be wearing wrist bands. Staff didn't take any action.

People seemed to just walk through your campsite no even less privacy as sites very close together.

For 50 dollars for 2 people in tent site with no services and dirty restrooms plus we got no sleep- very very poor value. Would not stay here again or in any other property in franchise.

• Stayed July 2013
6 Thank Melbournep2005
milwaukee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is the 2nd year we visited Jellystone in Caledonia. It is literally 10 minutes from our house- but it feels like a fantastic getaway without the need for extra gas money or travel time. We took our sons, 2 and 5 years old, and went with my friend and her family-- 3 girls 5 and under. It works out great because with little kids if we do have bad weather or forget something we can run home and go back! We had a water and electric site, and my friend was in the adjacent lot but in a Boo Boo's Basic Cabin. I can not explain how much fun we had. Our kids went from activity to activity- great fishing action (though my husband did witness a young boy fall into the pond, they need a bigger dock, maybe with railing- but his family was able to pull him out), jumping pillow, water park area, golf. We also did a Glow Stick "Hey" ride with Boo Boo that was a blast (included), donut decorating with Cindy Bear ($1.25 for a homemade fresh donut), Breakfast with Boo-Boo (he delivered donuts and juice to our site for $5 a kid), Balloon-pop game with Boo Boo (included), dance party with Yogi (included with DJ), we tucked Yogi in every night with a bedtime story that one of the staff read (included and SOO cute!), woke him up in the morning and read his mail from the kids (included). So if your kids are into characters, we got lots of character time! The staff was great, really on top of things and very patient with the kids. Everything is super clean. The night we arrived we opted to order a pizza from the snack bar because we figured the kids would want to be out exploring, and it was really good. It is more of a resort than a campground. My friend's cabin was SPOTLESS and perfect for someone who wanted to camp, but who did not have the camping gear. Lots of great memories. The kids cried when we left and begged for another day with Yogi. I even shed a tear when leaving-- because I wanted another day with Yogi. We are looking at reserving another weekend in September, where the prices are even lower!

3 Thank lovesgoldens
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Our stay at yogi bear was absolutely
Outstanding! We went for practice camping
For my 2 year old twins for a scheduled
Camping trip. They loved the water and
Especially the jumping pillow! Yogi bear
Is a great place to go camping when you
Have young ones. The older ones get a kick
Out of it too! There's a game room and
A water slide that is soo fun! We came here
As I said before as a practice run and it turned
Into a yearly thing! Jelly stone park is a
Must!

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Aly8218
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have been to this campground a couple years now and will continue to come. Check-in was really easy and fast!!! All the workers are young and excellent with the kids.....you can tell they really enjoy working there. The pool area is nice....beware of the red slide it is faster than it looks! Candy bar bingo and horse races lots of fun so make sure you bring a lot of candy bars with you (if you buy them in the store they are 1.50) and you don't want to miss out. Campsites are nice....most have some shading of trees. Never stayed in cabins so cannot comment on them. The bathrooms are nice and always super clean!!! Overall just a great time with lots of things to do.

2 Thank NicNac7871
Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife & kids (4 & 3) along with our neighbors & their kids (5 & 3) stayed in tents on adjacent sites w/ water and electric access, which was extremely convenient. The sites were well maintained, but wish there would have been more grassy area for putting up the tents, as a lot of our site was hardpack ground or gravel. But the bath areas were clean and very nice inside.

The campground itself was great for kids that age, with the pool and waterslides, along with the jumping pillow, which all of the kids really enjoyed! The fishing pond was great as well and we were able to catch a couple small fish - a bluegill and brown trout. There were plenty of activities to keep our kids entertained.

My only complaint would be that despite the campgrounds aim at families with younger children, the outdoor movie "theater" didn't show anything until nearly 9:30 (some old school Yogi Bear cartoons), with the main feature movie not starting until 10:30, which is a little late to expect small children to stay up for.

We'll likely be back again but would probably rent a cabin (unfortunately it rained the first night and our tent sprung a major leak that was not repairable).

As for the review that mentioned the campground was on an airstrip - it's over 8 miles north of the campground. While there were planes flying overhead during the day, it was hardly noticeable after an hour or so and I did not hear anything at night. Neither the planes nor the trains (which, again, were hardly noticeable) would deter me from staying there.

2 Thank Jason K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caledonia
Value Inn Motel
#8 of 8 in Oak Creek
Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort? Share your experiences!