“JellyStone Campground”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caledonia
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort
Reviewed August 28, 2003

We stayed at Yogi's Jellystone park the last weekend in July 2003. My parents, 3kids (6,10,12) my boyfriend and myself stayed in a Yogi's bungalow. Cute cabin but very small. We brought along a sleeping air matress for an extra bed. The bunk beds are very narrow. My boyfriend is a pretty large guy and had just enough room to move in his sleep. Kids didn't mind the beds. The mattress's are very thin so not the most comfortable. The a/c worked well once we got the cabin cooled off. The yogi bungalows are pretty much right off the highway. The a/c seemed to drown out much of the noise - we also brought a fan that seemed to help too. If you are a light sleeper this could be a problem. The kids enjoyed Yogi's pool party all day sun. They even played games with the dj. Our 10 year old won a freeze dance contest and received mini-golf for two so of course we all ended up playing but she was pretty proud of herself. They had lots of activities that you could participate in but we spent alot of time outside the campground doing other tourist things. The showers - leave something to be desired - although clean - the water shuts off like every 10 seconds and you have to turn it back on - I believe in conserving water but it was really annoying to me - I think they could do that say every 60seconds at least. Would we go back? Yes. All in all we had a good time there. Be forwarned - if you stay in Yogi's bungalow they are pretty small rooms - Pack accordingly. My 6yr old thought it was just great everytime he saw Yogi Bear walking around the park - that was his highlight. Also there is no lifeguard at the pool so if you have small children I recommend a life jacket and keep a close eye on them. My 6yr old gave us quite a scare when he ran around the pool and jumped in where he could not touch - my mother and I could not get there fast enough - thank God a nice man realized something was wrong and pulled him up when my son popped up from the bottom about the 4th time. Feel free to email if you have questions.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Racine, WI
Reviewed July 27, 2003

Not really happy with this Camp Ground. We had my 4 year old's birthday here on the Saturday of our 4 day stay. I wanted to prepay for the guests who would be there only 2-3 hours. At $5 / person, it got to be a lot of $$$$$ spent at this Camp Ground. We were NOT treated well. I had 45 people total, some camped, some just came for the party. THAT's a lot of money. The Registration office has many rude employees, one party just wanted to drop off a gift and leave and they were 5 minutes late so they would not refund their fees. We had 2 disabled parties camping and got grief about the electric golf carts they need to use, but the security staff can use GAS one's LOUD and people driving around giving Harley rides ALL day is okay and bike tires of 10 kids with CANS in the spokes for obnoxious noise is fine :( Very small site and was NOT informed that my water and electric were no where NEAR my site that I PAID for water and electric, but at the camp site next to mine about 3 feet from the camper door of my neighbors!!!! Thank GOD I ran into a kind man the night I arrived who borrowed me an RV extension. I had to apologize to the neighbors every time I needed water or to plug something in since it seemed like I was walking RIGHT into their camper! When I called to plan this party, I had a WONDERFUL woman helping me. After that it was nothing but rudeness. I paid $45 to have Yogi bring a dinky cake to the site for my daughter and her guests and never got the promised "picture with Yogi" as was paid for. Yogi stayed all of 2 minutes. Don't do this campground, don't reserve site RC2 if you do.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Moline, IL
Reviewed July 10, 2003

We had a soccer tournament in Milwaukee, and didn't want to pay the high cost of a hotel. The Jellystone campgrounds are still more expensive than other campgrounds, but usually offer more things to do.
We enjoyed our stay. We liked the campsite we got because it had a cement patio for our camper, made leveling easier.

deerfield, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2003

I camped with my 4 sons, ages 2, 4, 6 and 8. We had a blast. There is fun for all ages. My kids cant wait to go back. Hey, If they're happy, my life is a lot easier. So, we've planned another trip back next month.

Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed June 30, 2003

We camped here in June of 2002. I remembered Jellystone parks from my childhood, and had positive memories. But overall, this was not a pleasant excperince. When we arrived, we learned that use of the mini golf(which was a joke) and water slide required and additional fee of $12 per person, in addition to the $30/night for the tent site. The other campers were mostly friendly, but there were some pretty sketchy characters hanging around as well. The bathrooms were pretty scary.(In one shower, there was a used tampon on the floor for three days we were there.) There was no trash dumpster, as the staff picked up trash from the sites at 7pm, but some campers put trash out after pickup. This attracted packs of skunks, which kept us up at night snarling, ripping open trash bags and fighting over the contents. we were in a tent, and my daugther was terrified. Also, we could hear planes taking off and landing all night. I was not aware we would be that close to the airport. Overall, my 10 year old managed to enjoy herself, but I was relieved when it was time to go home.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort? Share your experiences!