“Great food and service”

Garmisch USA Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Cable
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great food and service”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We didn't stay at Garmisch, but were at a nearby resort. Went there for lunch and had a great meal with even better service. Cricket who was our waitress was excellent. Very prompt, polite, cute :) and seemed very natural helping us.

Visited August 2012

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Quaint restaurant with solid food and beautiful views”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Garmisch is located on the beautiful Namakagon and is a quaint spot that has a lot of history and charm. The food is solid, especially the steak. The shrimp done scampi-style was good, though a few of the shrimp were a bit over cooked. The service was friendly and the beauty of the location makes it a worthwhile stop.

• Visited July 2012
Tucson
“Must have been an off night”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had reservations and had to wait 1 1/2 hours to be seated. Once we ordered the food it took another 1/2 hour to come to the table. I had ordered a filet and prime rib was brought to me at the table. the waitress asked if I wanted her to take it back and I mentioned that if I had to wait another 1/2 hour I'd just prefer to eat the prime rib. We had a table of 10 and most were not satisfied with the dinner. The waitress came back and told me they would provide me with a dessert but when it came time to order she forget that she offered. All in all, a poor dining experience. It was the Saturday night after the 4th of July and it was swamped and I believe it was just an off night. The resort is beautiful and worth a trip, i'd just pick a less busy time.

• Visited July 2012
Chicago 'burbs
“My favorite Northwoods place to eat”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is always my choice for dinner when I visit my parents -- it's so rare these days to find good German food anywhere and Garmish is the tops of German food.

The ambiance is wonderful... especially late in the evening as ths sun sets.

Garmish is a tops with us!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Shelley9962
Waterloo, Iowa
“The food and service were excellent! The atmosphere was wonderful as well.”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Christmas decorations adorned the exterior. It was a beautiful sight at night. Carols played quietly outside as well, making me feel like a child in a wonderland. The food was awesome, and the staff was friendly. I will recommend this place over and over again!

Visited January 2012