“Good local restaurant”

The Brickhouse Cafe
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Cable
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is a well-known and popular local restaurant, so we were excited when we finally went there. We were quite surprised, therefore, to see how small it was inside, and you order at the counter. However, the food was outstanding.. We had salads that day but have had their sandwiches and other offerings at at local catered events.

1  Thank RonandJoan

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Great little Mom and Pop restaurant. Service was great and food good size portions. Bakery looked good but to much for breakfast. Coffee also had great choices of favors.

2  Thank HILLFARM4294
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten at the Brickhouse 5 or 6 times now. I stop every time we are in Cable. It is a very cute an quaint little restaurant. They have a variety of yummy looking baked goods that tempt you at the counter when you enter. Each time I have been there, I have always ordered at the counter, but this morning, the server actually came to my table. The coffee is good and self service for refills which I think is nice - especially when they are busy and you don't want to wait! I have tried multiple breakfast items which are all solid basic breakfast choices (this morning was French toast, bacon and hash browns), but there isn't any item that I would say is an outstanding must have. Each time I have been there, they always overdo the hashbrowns and sometimes they have even been slightly burned (like this morning). Service is very inconsistent - especially when they are busy. This morning it was great as I was one of only a few patrons. But is is a cute little place worth stopping at while in Cable. I'll continue to stop each time I'm in town.

1  Thank CabbieBaby
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Being Cable is very small, we stopped at this cafe.. Pleasant surprise, staff friendly, good food, and would stop back again.

2  Thank lovetocruise07
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This little house is a gem for good food and service at reasonable prices. We had the fish fry on Friday night-very good- plus their delicious ice cream for dessert. Sat AM we came back for breakfast, again good food, lots of coffee choices and home made bakery items. Looked like lots of "locals" like the place, kind of a northwoods "starbucks" but with a homey touch. There are also a few tables on the tiny porch if the weather cooperates.

1  Thank JoanneZ319