“Great as always!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cable
Staudemeyer's Four Seasons Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cable
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“Great as always!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

My family has stayed all over the lake for more than 40 years. We did not make it up to the area for several years as our hobbies went in a different direction. Snowmobile racing took over our trail riding time and efforts. In the past few seasons, we are getting more and more back into trail riding. I found myself drawn back to the cable area. I was very pleased that my memories of the area were still all intact. We stayed at Four Seasons. As in the past, we were more than happy with our stay. We have stayed with Amanda every time since we found our way back. I have not had any other reason to look elsewhere. I even proposed to my wife in one of the cabins over the fourth of July weekends a few years ago.

A great place, with a great host.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KangasRacing75
AmandaJean1105, Owner at Staudemeyer's Four Seasons Resort, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Brent and Tracy,
Thank you for your review and loyalty to Four Seasons! I look forward to making your future stays here grow in enjoyability! Snowmobile conditions are off to a great start, and I’m ready to see our beautiful trails taken advantage off! See you soon!
Thank you for your review!
Amanda Staudemeyer

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Madison, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have grown up coming to Four Seasons with my family for the last twenty years. It's a joy to now vaction there with my husband and our children. I was very sadden to hear of Gary's passing a few years ago, but am thrilled with the work and commmitment that Amanda has shown for her business since she has taken over.

Over the years we have stayed in (or other travelers with us) nearly all of their cottages, but my favorite one is the Lakeside loft. Upon walking in you will find a stone floor and a massive fireplace. Each of the kitchens are complete with anything that you need to make a meal while you are there. The bedrooms are basic with beds, night stands and lamps, but who needs more when the cabin and outside provide so much more? The Lakeside loft has a large yard that leads down to your own dock on Lake Namekagon. There is woods on one side and the other has woods with a private cabin that people rarely visit. The cabin is log, and the remodel from a few years ago also leaves log decor on the inside.

Our cabin is always been impecably clean upon our arrival (a big plus to staying here)! The kitchen has lots of dishes, glasses, silverware amongst all the other necessities. We have more then enough room for our family of six - including my aging parents.

I will say that I realy miss having the restaurant on the property, but the lodge and improvements that have been made over the years slightly make up for the loss of the restaurant (which I think has been gone for 10-15 years!). There are plenty of other places to eat within a short drive and the lodge has frozen pizza for a quick fix. This year we enjoyed all the new wine that Four Seasons offered along with the newly added outdoor patio.

My husband and I are glad to keep up my families traditon and plan on returning for many years. We have recomended Four Seasons to many friends who have also been able to enjoy there time in 'paradise' as much as we do! Our reservations are booked for next year and are already looking forward to it!

Room Tip: Make sure to bring water toys for the kids!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I had boasted about this place to my new husband. My late husband and kids and I had stayed there three times, years before when apparently the now owners parents had managed/owned the resort. The cabin we stay in then was clean, fresh, roomy and the meal at the restaurant was good. THIS TIME my new husband and I were put in the cottage closest to the bar. BIG MISTAKE

When we entered the cabin had a strong odor of Pine Sol...."oh great, they just cleaned the place" I thought. We looked around briefly put our bags down and headed for Bayfield to look around. When we got back, rather late... we discovered that the Pine Sol smell had disappated and it must have been there to cover up the smell of dead mice. We began to investiage. Under the bathroom sink was mold, mildew and rolls of TP that hadn't seen the light of day in years!!

The furnace room/closet is where the dead mice smell was coming from. It was awful.

A drain tube from some device was dripping from wherever from the ceiling in the bathroom into the bathroom sink!!!

The next day we were packed and ready to cut our stay of 5 days short to that one night. The new owner met me on the sidewalk snapped at me, and stomped back in her door. No apology, no questions, no nothing.

This place used to be great and I was so excited to be back. NEVER AGAIN. Just goes to show you that one generation does not learn from the previous one. I hope this young woman pulls her act together or this place will be empty long enough to send her into bankruptcy.

She did agree to give us all of our money back including the night we stayed there because we had no place else to go. What a shame, even the beauty of the north woods was ruined by this terrible experience.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
11 Thank Cheeseheadonwheels55
Winona, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

We just returned from a great stay at Four Season's resort! The cabin that we stayed in (River's Edge) was beautiful and VERY clean. I am a really picky person when it comes to cleaniness and this cabin was spotless! It has a very modern decor and we loved the fact that it had a dishwasher, fridge with icemaker and best of all (for those that have children) a washer & dryer! Not that I wanted to do laundry on vacation, but with two kids it certainly made it easier having this option and not having to pack as many clothes. My daughter loved the bunk beds and having her own "kids room". The cabin was very tastefully decorated and had a cabin feel...even walking in you could smell the wood of the cabin. The cabin is located on the Namakagon River and is great if you want to get away from the busy boating traffic on the lake. We also had great access to get on our bikes and be able to bike the road that borders the lake. Nightly the ducks came right up to the deck of our cabin to be fed. Our kids loved it! We also enjoyed having the windows open and it being absolutely quiet! At times I couldn't even tell if the windows were even open. The lodge was within walking/biking distance and we really enjoyed stopping there in the early evenings. They have a great yard and beach area for the kids to swim. The kids loved the swings and playhouse and we enjoyed a game of bean bags. We also enjoyed fishing off of our own private dock at our cabin. It was perfect for when our kids were napping as we were close enough to the cabin, but still able to get some fishing in. Amanda (the owner) did a great job and was very accomodating. She made us feel very welcome and made the check-in/check-out process so easy, even taking the time to go over my bill with me to show me the charges. Even before we stayed she was very prompt with returning my email inquiries and was nice enough to send an email after we departed thanking us for staying. The resort had a real nice family feel and I think is one of the best in the area. I even heard customers from other resorts who came into the lodge bar say they picked the wrong place to stay and next year they were coming to Four Seasons. Only thing that I would maybe not give 5 stars to was the beds, as we were pretty stiff and sore after spending a night in them. But I kind of expect that at most places. If you are looking for a real northwoods vacation, this cabin and resort are perfect! We can't wait to return next year!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Pak6669
Milwaukee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

After spending a week in one of the properties here, I can happily say "stay here - you'll be so happy you did". Hubs, Sis and I stayed in the very clean 2-bedroom Rivers Edge cabin and hot damn, it was nice!

We have a comfy living room with satellite TV, free wifi, a full kitchen with dishwasher, a full laundry, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, a loft area with another bedroom, a private pier and perfect peace and quiet. Our place was recently built and the decor is "up north" classy. All of this bliss comes at a lower price than other resorts are advertising for condo units. Screw that, I don't want to hear other peoples irritating kids running around all day. We brought our own paper producers and food but other than that, this place is move in ready!

If you don't want a full cabin there are a few lodge rooms in the main building which are fairly basic. The lodge itself is beautiful and a nice spot to stop for a drink if you're out on the lake. There's a large sandy swimming beach and play area for the kids, and a big lawn with places to sit and chill. Four Seasons is a pet friendly resort, with a reasonable pet fee and a very friendly yellow lab to chase tennis balls all day.

Stay here - you'll be so happy you did!

Room Tip: Get a cabin - the lodge rooms are basic.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lovewine
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

My opinion apparently differs from those of other reviewers. We've stayed at this resort 6 or 7 times since 2000. The previous owner, Gary Staudemeyer, passed away (I believe in 2010), and we really liked him. The current owner (his daughter) is not a good business person in my opinion. She doesn't keep up the cabins nearly as well as they had been when her father was alive. She doesn't answer e-mail inquiries promptly, sometimes not at all. The last time we stayed there she tried to charge us more at the time arrival than what remained on our bill after we paid our deposit. When we checked in she promised to fix a couple of things in the cabin we stayed in, but that was the last we saw of her. Nothing got fixed. The cabin itself was very moist and musty. They apparently had a rain leak earlier in the year and it was still very "sticky" and smelly. The lake and setting is beautiful. Namakagon is probably a good musky lake, but we've fished it pretty hard and had a tough time catching any decent walleyes. Great if you like hammer-handle northerns. Some bass and panfish, but not a great lake for those, either. In defense of the lake, we usually were there late summer when fishing was probably at it's worst. There's a lot of jet ski/water ski traffic. The beach at this resort is pretty small and not real well kept. It is a gradual drop-off however, and that may be good. Most cabins do not have beach access at the cabin, you have to go to the lodge to use the beach there. Some of the cabins aren't actually on L. Namakagon, but on the Namakagon River. The river is nice, but you have to boat a half mile or more in a no wake zone to reach the lake. There is no swimming or beach area on the river. I guess you could swim there, but it a mucky/weedy shoreline. The prices have also been increasing steadily. They do allow pets, but charge extra for them - unlike the resort we are going to instead of this one this year.

Room Tip: We have stayed in a number of their cabins over the years.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank UW_Alumni1970
Ft Myers Beach FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

I needed a place to stay for 3 days last summer(2011) Amanda (owner) was very accomadating.She had a room above the lodge that was vacant and gave me a great deal.This place is right out of the pages of any log home magazine.The location on the lake is only exceeded by the service of the staff (Raven- beauty and brains-all you need is a superhero costume.)Friday is Martini night you name it and Raven makes it.Amanda you are the amazing,there are very few people in this world who could have done what you have and then probably only half as successful.Stay there once and you will be a guest for the rest of your life. Randy

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cable
Comfort Suites
#2 of 3 in Cable
Mallards Landing
Mallards Landing
#16 of 35 in Hayward

Been to Staudemeyer's Four Seasons Resort? Share your experiences!