“Just barely average food”
Review of Lucky Star - MOVED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lucky Star
Cuisines: American, Mexican
North America
“Just barely average food”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Okay, we are pretty far from the border here, so you can't really expect too much. Firstly, with a name like "lucky Star" I really thought I was going to enter a Chinese buffet even though I knew it was Mexican before I arrived. We wanted to visit somewhere else in town but it was closed, the locals I went to dinner with wanted to visit here as an alternate choice. Atmosphere was decent, waitstaff seemed quick and efficient. Chips were thicker and did not have the same texture that I am used to from previous mexican places I have visited in the past. Food came out quickly and seemed in decent portions. I had the taco salad, the tortilla bowl that they use/made was pretty thick and wet with oil. The meat did not have a good flavor to it either. I usually eat the entire bowl, this time I have up after only eating half. Others in the party had mixed reviews on their meals. Overall it was just "okay" but I would probably visit somewhere else before returning here.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank 2FarAwayFromHome

Elkhorn, Wisconsin
“Burlington's Stop”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This place as been renovated and a bar added as it used to be a breakfast stop. Located in Chocolate City the soups are homemade and the offerings are good. The fish is really good as is their burgers. They also will tailor the meal and the way it is cooked as you request. Try the loaded fries not on the menu but they will fix it.

Visited March 2013