“Good place for friends to meet”

The Charcoal Grill & Rotisserie
Ranked #8 of 45 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We like to frequent this restaurant with friends and also meet with the "girls". It has a good variety, decent service. The food is decent and the service is generally okay, depending on your server. The Sunday brunch is not bad for the price.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

In the past we dined here almost every week and the food was very good. Recently, both my husband and I felt the food and taken an awful turn. For example: the ribs n' strings changed from very tender small ribs with fresh crunchy onion strings to tough, stringy ribs with onions soaked of grease. Big change there. Another example: the classic cheeseburger, that I used to rave about, was soggy and cold. The waffle fries were hard and cold. I was so surprised because I've always liked it here. And, lastly, my husband ordered a prime rib and it was full of fat and grizzle. So sad to see this place go down hill. We love the atmosphere and it's a fun place. Most sad is the food was really good up until the last few months. Maybe a change in cooks???

1  Thank oldsville
Reviewed November 26, 2013

When we moved to the area several years ago, we were looking for good food, reasonable prices, friendly atmosphere, and, well, comfort. Since we drove by their charming location on the river, we haven't stopped coming back. Their choices are fairly wide, although we usually order the rotisserie chicken, the ribs, or the steak. I can't say enough good things about the staff--I think by now we know them all by name! They are unfailingly friendly, cheerful and very fast to respond to our needs. The only problem is making sure to get there early enough on a Friday night so that we get a booth along the river to enjoy the view! And we almost always go home with a doggie bag....

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My family and I decided to try this restaurant after having a bad experience with another one that same night. We weren't really expecting much, just to get some decent food. We were pleasantly surprised to say the least. The staff was very nice, the food was very good and the prices were beyond reasonable. We will definitely be returning to the Charcoal Grill and will recommend it to anyone looking for a laid back sports restaurant with good food.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Food was good, service was decent altho our server didnt tell us the specials that we overhead the other waitress explain. I like the flavor the woodfire oven imparts on the food. Portion size is good too.