“So close to Alpine & a nice newer hotel with great staff!!”

Hampton Inn Burlington
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Burlington
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“So close to Alpine & a nice newer hotel with great staff!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Hampton Inn Burlington is in this cute little old town and we loved staying there for 2 nites. We were headed to the Dave Matthews Band concert at Alpine Valley both nites and this is he closest we have ever been able to stay from the venue. AWESOME SHOW, AWESOME MEETING BOYD TINSLEY AND AWESOME HOTEL!! Thanks, we will be back next year!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Minneapolis, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our rooms were spotless, as was the entire hotel. We really enjoyed the pool and the complimentary breakfast. The beds were extremely comfortable (so much so that my wife is planning on ordering some of the pillows). The staff were all very kind and helpful. If we are ever in the area again, we'll definitely stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Burlington, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2013

the entire staff is ready at all times and attentive to all that stay there. This is a wonderful place to stay for any occasion. The rooms are spacious & clean. Everything about Hampton Inn in Burlington is excellent~!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed the night in Burlington sine Milwaukee hotels were sold out due to Summerfest. Nice, newer property in the small town of Burlington. The we're lots of families milling around the property - to be expected about 15 min from Lake Geneva in the summer. Issues lied in the whole room process. I checked in and was given a room on the first floor, directly behind the ice machine and the train tracks were right outside my window. Asked to be switched and was given another room on the first floor, same side. Finally was given a room on the street side, but was the smallest room I have stayed in outside of Europe or NYC.
This is all OK, except for the fact that I called the front desk asking about open rooms. They said there were plenty, and they even had a Diamond upgrade available on the 3rd floor. I was not acknowledged as Diamond the 3 times I went to the front desk, thus slept in a shoebox room on the fest floor (my hhonors preference is high floor).
Why lie? Why wouldn't you just put me in the requested room type?

Room Tip: Request street side
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JimJ321
Milwaukee area, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This Hampton Inn is a nice small hotel. The rooms are small but clean and the pool is small. The service is good service. The train tracks are next to the hotel & the train is a bit noisy if you are a light sleeper. Burlington has a cute small downtown area.

Appleton, WI, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Hotel was very clean (rooms clean, lobby clean, pool area clean). We felt very comfortable during our stay. Town of Burlington seems really neat even though we didn't spend any time there - nice park nearby. We would definitely stay there again with no hestitation.

New Bern, NC
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I wish I could say I fully enjoyed my stay. Sadly I cannot. We arrived and walked up to the front door... a young lady was outside smoking. Her attire was basic with a pull over shirt and slacks. She said hello, as we entered, nothing more. We went in and up to the front desk. No one was there. We looked around and waited... after a few minutes when the young lady outside had finished her cigarette, she came in and asked how she could help. This was the first indication that she worked there. No name tag or anything remotely indicating she worked there. She asked for the name and then for payment, then handed us the key that was already coded to the room. Quickly pointed in the direction of the elevators and then to the pool area and stated the pool hours, nothing more.... We headed to the room. First thing we noticed as we entered the room was the fact the room was very warm. Next we looked at the beds and thought wow, those covers look lumpy! It’s great that the covers are washed each time someone new stays in the room, but I would think they would consider using something that would not mat up so bad! Later we would discover that these top covers were the only blankets on the bed. The sheet was made up so high that the first night we didn’t even think there was a top sheet. Which would have been nice since the AC would not stay on unless there was movement in the room. The lumpy top covers were simply too hot to use. The next day we did find ONE blanket in the closet for the two beds in the room and I discovered the sheet that looked like a fitted sheet was the top sheet made up high on the bed so as to look like a fitted sheet. Yay! Night two we have top sheets to cover up with. The bed itself was a painful experience. The beds were like sleeping on a pile of bricks. The floor would have been more comfortable. I actually ended up with a bruise on my back from the bed and that has never happened before. The AC unit would not set any lower then 68 degrees. This would normally be fine, but since it would not stay on for the entire night and I’m pretty sure the temperature was not correct this was not a good thing. We woke several times during the night because we were simply too warm to sleep. We would move about the room and the AC would again turn on. Motion sensors are never a good idea for AC or heat in my opinion. The refrigerator was placed on the floor and was very small. We just ended up using the 8 pack cooler we brought because it held more and we didn’t have to get down on our hands and knees on the floor to use it. The microwave was placed on top of the refrigerator and both seemed out of place just sitting there at the foot of the bed. Its was as if they said, “oh wait, we need a refrigerator and a microwave... just put it there” The iron wasn’t that great and I was kicking myself for not packing our travel iron. We filled the iron with a little water and instead of steam we just ended up with a puddle on the shirt. Oh, sometimes it would steam and still leave a puddle. The shower... nice stream of water with an adjustable head. Nice idea... if the adjustable head had been lower so as I could actually safely adjust it. I’m 5’3” and I had to stretch to my tiptoes to reach it. So I never got to try any of the different settings. The water pressure was great though. Plenty of towels in the room and house keeping was nice enough to give us more when we didn’t want the room made up. Breakfast.... we went down to the free breakfast that was offered. There was 1 banana. Two flavors of yogurt, ham and eggs mixed and biscuits and gravy. If you were looking for plain eggs you were [--]. There was a waffle maker and batter so as one could make their own waffle. I did... that was good, and there were some sugary cereals. Poorly stocked but kept clean. A tad disappointing, but I have only ever found one continental breakfast that was really good. The pool was nice and a good temperature. The hot tub as well. The hotel is right next to a Rail Road Track, but I have to say the insulation was good, you hardly noticed when the trains went by. We stayed at this hotel because it was within walking distance to Veterans Terrace, which was where a reception, was being held that we were attending. We could enjoy the open bar and not have to worry about driving. Check out was simple... the receipt was under the door and we left the keys at the desk. Overall, I would not choose to stay at this hotel again. I would rather not drink and drive a bit further for a better room. We paid WAY too much for a room of this poor quality.

2 Thank ladyjay67
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Burlington
Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
The Ridge Hotel
The Ridge Hotel
#1 of 15 in Lake Geneva

Been to Hampton Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!