“4 days and some of the best 4 dinners”
Review of River Lane Inn - CLOSED

River Lane Inn
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was in Brown Deer for 4 evenings. I wanted a nice dinner to start my week. The people are very nice and welcomed me. I was lucky enough to be there for the weekly Lobster Boil. It was great. The Sautéed Soft shell was incredible. Well I had to go back a second time....The steak was good, the muscles were better. The next day was the Perch fry...Well I couldn't miss that. Incredible fresh perch with fry's. The last night I was there I was going to celebrate my success and well were did I go??? The strip steak was outstanding. Brian....A very darn good Bartender...Pair the steak with a Girard. He had also picked a Deloach Chardonnay with my appetizers....It was like going home for dinner each night. If you are in the area, The River Inn is by far your best bet for a great meal! Thanks Fran and Brian!

1  Thank ssschardt

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was one of the best restaurant experiences we have ever had. Food was delicious, great service and cozy atmosphere.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were directed here by front desk staff at the local Courtyard. The inn is cute and comfortable. The wait staff was very helpful and friendly. And, the food was delicious! We sampled tender and perfectly grilled angus beef. The vegetable sides were inventive. And, every dish that walked by on a platter looked simply lovely. Prices were a bit high but worth it.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have been to River Lane on many occasions (both personal and business) and have always been treated very well by the staff. The food is always excellent. My personal favorite is the filet mignon with Blue Cheese butter. Always a good cut of meat, always prepared to the right temperature.

Known for their seafood as well, we’ve always been pleased with the fish specials and seafood appetizers. The seared tuna entre is also consistently excellent. Fair cocktail and wine prices are an added benefit. Business meals have always been good; it’s the kind of place that realizes what you’re doing and helps leave a positive, relaxed impression on guests.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I had dinner this week at River Lane Inn. A great selection of fish and seafood. There were items on the menu for meat eater but with a reputation for great fish I didn't even look at the "Meat" sections.

My choice was group. Nicely grilled with a drizzle of citrus cream and served with butternut squash polenta and several varieties of steamed vegetables. Perfect!

I finished the meal with a serving of blackberry sorbet.

Several others in the group enjoyed the Lobster bake special which delivered a succulent cold water lobster with assistance from the waitress to prepare for eating. They claimed it was delicious.

I'll be back next time I have a craving for very fresh fish.