“Dependably good restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Grafton, Wisconsin
“Dependably good restaurant”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have been to River Lane on many occasions (both personal and business) and have always been treated very well by the staff. The food is always excellent. My personal favorite is the filet mignon with Blue Cheese butter. Always a good cut of meat, always prepared to the right temperature.

Known for their seafood as well, we’ve always been pleased with the fish specials and seafood appetizers. The seared tuna entre is also consistently excellent. Fair cocktail and wine prices are an added benefit. Business meals have always been good; it’s the kind of place that realizes what you’re doing and helps leave a positive, relaxed impression on guests.

• Visited April 2013

West Bend, Wisconsin
“A great catch!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I had dinner this week at River Lane Inn. A great selection of fish and seafood. There were items on the menu for meat eater but with a reputation for great fish I didn't even look at the "Meat" sections.

My choice was group. Nicely grilled with a drizzle of citrus cream and served with butternut squash polenta and several varieties of steamed vegetables. Perfect!

I finished the meal with a serving of blackberry sorbet.

Several others in the group enjoyed the Lobster bake special which delivered a succulent cold water lobster with assistance from the waitress to prepare for eating. They claimed it was delicious.

I'll be back next time I have a craving for very fresh fish.

• Visited April 2013
Geneva, Illinois
“Great Fresh Seafood & Service”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I went there on the way back to Chicago from Milwaukee. We started with the calamari appetizer. It was completely different from any we had ever had. It was one large flat piece sliced from the belly of the squid, like a cross-section and was grilled with a coating of parmesan cheese so it was crispy on the outside without breading and moist and tender on the inside - delicious! I had the Cajun Scallops which were out of this world. My husband had the Jambalaya, which as good, but would not be something I would order here - seafood is their forte! Dessert was Creme Brulee done perfectly. Entrees and wine were pricey (more like Chicago prices rather than what you would expect Wisconsin prices to be). Decor and ambiance were very nice, except the general din was a little loud perhaps because of construction of ceiling & walls, not at all related to customer's loudness...

Visited February 2013
Mequon, Wisconsin
“Lobster Night - Wednesdays”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The River Lane Inn usually draws a pretty good crowd on Wednesdays for their whole Maine Lobster Boil and it is well worth a visit. The restaurant's atmosphere is warm and appealing and we have always experienced professional, attentive service. The lobster dinner comes with vegetables and starts off with a salad and bread. My wife and I had the seafood bisque as an appetizer and that too proved to be delicious.

• Visited December 2012
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“My Favorite Restaurant”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This restaurant has been in business for decades. Every year on my birthday (and my husband's birthday also), we eat here. It is, hands down, the best place for seafood. Since we are located in the midwest, good, fresh seafood is hard to find but River Lane Inn manages to come through every time. We always start off with the Calamari Parmesan which is the best I've ever had anywhere in the world! Each night they have specials that aren't on the menu; however, my favorite entree is the Cajun Sea Scallops with Potato-Andouille Hash. Entrees include their house salad, a vegetable, and a potato or rice. It's quite pricy but I make an exception for special occasions. Actually, most of the entrees are pricy which is why we don't eat there often. The atmosphere and decor is very pleasant and the place is always busy. Their Friday night fish fry's are also exceptional.

• Visited November 2012