“Guess what? It's a Courtyard”

Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brown Deer
charlotte
“Guess what? It's a Courtyard”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

You can pretty much go to any CY and know what you're going to get. Great bed, big room, Shower is nice, and flat screen TVs. The only real challenge at this property is breakfast starts at 7am. Since it's a business hotel and most people leave around that time or earlier, it would make sense to offer something for the guests. I would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Greg F, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear brianparsley,

Thank you for contributing your comments. We are grateful for your loyalty to Courtyards and are happy that we were able to meet your expectations. We will make sure to have breakfast available at 6:30 AM Monday-Friday. Thank you for the excellent suggestion.

I hope you enjoy the Summer.

Greg Fugate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed here during May for a few nights. This property is outdated and hasn't received the usual Courtyard renovation. As a Platinum member I was greeted with a gift bag which was very nice. The staff is friendly and warm. However, during my stay someone had their car broken into. I was shocked to not see anything in the lobby or a note under the door warning other guests the next day. If I was the GM I would notify all guests to be extra careful. It is discouraging to walk out to your car in the morning and see a police officer working a shattered window. If I go back to that customer I will be staying downtown until the property receives an upgrade.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Greg F, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear InfoSecR0a4Warrior,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We are grateful for your loyalty to Marriott as a Platinum Elite Rewards member. We will be doing some updating beginning soon, although I cannot commit a definite date. If you would like to contact me directly at the hotel, I will send an email notifying you of the dates and scope of updating being performed. I appreciate your other suggestion and will give this serious consideration.

We hope you have a great Summer!

NJ
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed one night on business. More than adequate for a one-nighter, if arriving by car. Not many (if any) restaurants within walking distance. Lobby and room were very clean and staff was very friendly. Free Wi-Fi. Breakfast is around $9. This hotels seems to be an mixed residential/light industrial area. If you are looking for a room with a view, this one doesn't offer much of one. For a business visit, I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Greg F, General Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear TipsIncluded,

Thank you for contributing your comments. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and will be back again.

Breckenridge, Colorado
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband, who is a Gold Marriott Rewards member so he travels quite a bit, stays at the Courtyard Brown Deer frequently on his business trips. It is always clean and the staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful! The beds are comfortable Marriott beds and the rooms are nicely laid out. We never have to think twice when he heads to Milwaukee...this is the perfect choice for quality, location, service and great prices too. Anytime there has been an issue, they have immediately responded and rectified the situation!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Deanna9,

Thank you for your response. I shared your nice comments with our staff. They were thrilled to hear them. We are grateful for your husband's loyalty to Marriott Hotels and are eager to welcome him back.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend, January 25-27, 2013. Our room was 130. We found the hotel to be extremely clean, quiet and safe. The hotel staff was very helpful. For a charge, they offered a breakfast. We did not purchase the breakfast, but it smelled good.
Friday evening, we smelled popcorn. I walked down to the lobby and found that they had a commercial popcorn machine and had free bags of popcorn available for the guests. We did not use the pool or health facilities, but they were clean. Since we had a car, we drove our to eat. But I noticed that they had a flier in the room where you could order food.
I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Casey M, Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a great review on our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!
Casey AGM
Washington, DC
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The hotel was clean and quiet, and down the street from my meetings. Breakfast was good and worth the price. Since I was in town for business there's not much I needed from the hotel itself except a quiet place to sleep and a decent breakfast.

However, there is no place within walking distance for dinner, and the nearest "decent" dinner spots was a 10-15 mile drive. I prefer staying in places where my dinner options are lengthy and close by. Courtyard was not my first choice but several team members stayed at Courtyard so I had to follow the herd.

Room Tip: Stay in a room away from the elevators. I always request that. Last thing you need is to listen to...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Casey M, Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments and review of our hotel! We hope to see you again in the future. -AGM Casey M.
Bethlehem, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights while visiting family and friends in the area. It was super clean and quiet. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The breakfast offered a wide variety. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Casey M, Manager at Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you for taking time to fill out a response on Tripadvisor. It is always great to hear great comments about our staff and the hotel. We look forward to the next time you stay with us.
-Casey, AGM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brown Deer
Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore
Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee N. Brown Deer/Mequon
Candlewood Suites Milwaukee North Brown Deer/Mequon
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place

Been to Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer? Share your experiences!