“Very nice, no complaints”

Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brown Deer
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Our family went here for a family vacation. The swimming pool is pretty small as far as hotel pools go. The hotel was very clean, the people were very nice. The breakfast was good...we was well, I would go back for sure.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Dominic06
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer

Reviewed April 27, 2011

I stayed at the Courtyard for two days and could not believe how tentative the staff were. Nicole was very sweet to me and when I asked for an extra pillow so she brought it right to me room!

They also had a nice simple bar out in the evening that I was able to participate in. The breakfast was great too!! The chef came out and asked me how my food was.

All around great hotel and will go back.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank drbocker
Reviewed April 26, 2011

We stayed just one night here- arrived late after a flight (1am). We didn't use the pool, but did walk by it and saw it was very tiny.

However- the bedding and mattresses were AMAZING. So much so, that we pulled up the sheets etc to find the brand and details! I slept very very well, and would return because I know how comfy the beds and down pillows are!!

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Tarah H
Reviewed March 21, 2011

We stayed at this facility as part of our swim team- I typically enjoy Courtyard Marriotts very much and have never had a bad experience until now. In our room there was a dirty/hairy bar of soap in the shower along with used shampoo/conditioner bottles from the previous party, hardly any towels for a family of 4. We asked for a refrigerator prior to our arrival but had to call down and have them bring it up- it didn't keep anything cold so we just used our coolers. Our room did not get cleaned Sat. - no fresh towels or garbage taken out- apprently many of our friends rooms were not cleaned either- the front desk really didn't care either way!
The beds were rather soft and uncomfortable- Workout room had the worst/outdated equipment. Pool was super small
I don't want to go back to this hotel next year with our group and will stay at another hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed February 8, 2011

If you have previously stayed at a Courtyard, then you know what to expect. There is nothing special about this property. But that isn't a bad thing. It met my Courtyard expectations. One complaint about Courtyards in general is that most of these properties do not have room service. This is no exception.

If you are looking for a Courtyard in Brown Deer, there is nothing wrong with this one.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank xy223yz
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We stayed 1 night at the Courtyard with a group of friends.

The hotel is located in a northern suburb of Milwaukee, away from the highway and the signage was not very prominent, so we almost drove right by the hotel.

The front desk staff was extremely welcoming and courteous… they gave me a list of recommended restaurants in the area and even chased after me to bring me something that I had left on the counter when I was checking in.

When we drove in the parking lot, we noticed that the rooms on the west side had outdoor balconies... we were hoping that we had one of these rooms, but unfortunately we were on the east side of the building.

Our room was located next to an electrical room and I was afraid that it would be noisy, but it was spacious and quiet. My companions’ room was next to the ice machine, but they also found their room quiet (they said it was almost too quiet).

The only slight flaw I found was the remote’s buttons were worn off, so it took a little bit of guesswork to figure out the controls.

My companions had an issue with their room, which they did not notice until late that night. There was water in the carpet near the bathroom…. we reported it the next day and the front desk clerk said water was leaking from the room above.

The next day we had intended to skip the cafe’s breakfast buffet and grab something to eat on the road, but after we saw the nice selection of eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, etc., we decided to stay. The price was around $9 and it was well worth it. They also offered a lower priced continental breakfast and there was a menu if you did not want the buffet.

This Courtyard was a nice find and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2010

My husband and I have stayed twice at the Courtyard Marriott in the past year. Each time we were pleased with the cleanliness of the whole property. The rooms are well kept and have nice amenities. The pool always looks nicely maintained. The breakfast is wonderful with lots of variety and fresh food. We stay in this particular property because of its easy access to Cedarburg and the Maxwell Street Days Antiques Mkt. The surrounding towns have many interesting shops and eateries. The hotel has developed a nice dining list. We suggest the Landmark Inn.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brown Deer
Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore
Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee N. Brown Deer/Mequon
Candlewood Suites Milwaukee North Brown Deer/Mequon
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place

Been to Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer? Share your experiences!