“Nice Place, Lackadaisical Staff”

Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee N. Brown Deer/Mequon
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Brown Deer
Whitelaw, Wisconsin
“Nice Place, Lackadaisical Staff”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I like the Holiday Inn Express Brand. Stayed for business. Property clean and well kept. Rooms typical and clean. Staff, uninterested. I checked in on a Monday evening. The young lady at the desk seemed to be bothered by the need to have to put down her phone and check me inn. Also, when I came back later for directions, she again, had to get off her stool, put down her phone, to assist me. The reception staff was also glued to her phone, sitting down, uninterested in serving the customers. The room is a typical hotel room. Bed was very comfortable. Desk large and well lit for working. TV in a cabinet, unable to see from sofa or desk. Room does not have a microwave or refrigerator. Something I expect for this type of hotel and for price paid. Would I stay here again, yes.

Room Tip: Always like the rooms on the top floor, no one walking on your head!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Atif K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee N. Brown Deer/Mequon, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I am so sorry for the way our front desk and evening reception staff behaved. I really appreciate you sharing your experience so I can share it with the staff. This kind of behavior is unacceptable and I will make this very clear to the entire hotel staff. Thanks again for sharing your experience which allows us to improve things.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I travel 3 weeks out of the month and think this great for the price.

This is a NEW hotel north of downtown Milwaukee. It was perfect for my purpose - business. Clean rooms, good wifi and free breakfast.

I did not feel claustrophobic in the small hotel gym even though it only had two treadmills and a bike.

I defiantly recommend this hotel if you are on a budget or traveling for business.

• Stayed April 2013
Atif K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee N. Brown Deer/Mequon, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thanks so much for your review of your stay at our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you the next time you come back. Best Regards.
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've been to Milwaukee numerous times for work and this place never fails me. The rooms are clean, staff is friendly, and a happy hour on weekdays. Any time I come, I know I'll get the same great service. Two thumbs up to this place.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Rav31
Thanks so much for your helpful review of our hotel. We are glad that you got the service that you did. We look forward to seeing you when you return. Thanks again.
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Milwaukee many times but this was my first stay at the HIExpress Brown Deer. It has become my top choice, mainly because the staff is exceptional, the rooms are clean, and the location is very convenient to downtown or any areas to the north and west. The front desk even gave me an ice scraper for my car during a bad snowstorm. Inexpensive item, but a memorable gesture that made me want to return to this hotel. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank HOPEFUL12345
Atif K, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee N. Brown Deer/Mequon, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad to see we were able to be of service during snowstorm. We hope to see you again soon.
White Plains, New York
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Pros: clean and quiet room, excellent price, friendly service. Served its purpose on a quick business trip.

Cons: Pillows and towels probably need to be replaced. Breakfast was just "ok" but what you'd expect for a free meal at a budget hotel.

Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I visit the area frequently to see my parents and grandparents. This hotel is perfect for my family. The cleanliness, and the friendliness of the staff makes us feel right at home. The breakfast is wonderful and the pool is warm and inviting. I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Shelly N
Thank you for the kind review Shelly. We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience.
Mequon, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed November 30, 2011

First off, I don't normally spend time to review hotels unless they are awesome or absolutely nasty. I am a Platinum Elite Member with Holiday Inn worldwide and travel over 100 nights a year. I am by no means saying I am an expert, however consider myself close to that.

This hotel shouldn't hold a Holiday Inn name, or even that of a Super 8. The rooms are dirty. I was upgraded to a King Suite, and upon walking in it smelled of old feet and smoke. Mind you, this property is smoke free. I complained and they moved me to another room. The same thing. All the staff could say to me is "maybe our cleaner smells like this." Dirty feet, I don't think so.

The rooms were cleaned, however for about five minutes. No joke.

The common areas of the hotel are OK, about 2 out of 5 stars. However the rooms aren't even worth a star. I could care-less about new hotels and modern technology, however something that you sleep in being clean is a must.

Stay away from this hotel. I left a note, along with a voicemail to call me back. It has been almost a week with no returned calls. I even sent an email to the Priority Club Desk and all they could do is apologize and give me more points, since they don't own the hotel. Wonderful.

The easiest way to "correct" this problem is to just not do business with them. After time, hopefully they'll close due to code violations.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place
Manchester East
Manchester East
#4 of 6 in Glendale

Been to Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee N. Brown Deer/Mequon? Share your experiences!