“Comfortable and roomy”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brown Deer
San Francisco, CA
“Comfortable and roomy”
Reviewed July 3, 2010

We stayed here for four nights. When traveling with a teenager it is always a pleasure to have separate rooms to sleep since she goes to bed 3-4 hours later than us. There is a separate bedroom and living room/full kitchen. The living room had a pull out sofa bed. There is free internet access.

The hotel is not fancy, but it was very clean. The front desk was accommodating to any extras that we needed.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Alangood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I had a reservation at a nearby hotel that turned out to be overbooked. So, that hotel sent me to the Candlewood. I was wondering what kind of place they were sending me to, but I was pleasantly surprised by the Candlewood. It is almost new.

The room was on the smallish side, but remained very functional. It had a kichenette that would be perfect for the person on an extended stay. The bed was a tad firm for my tastes, but that is a matter of preference. The staff members seemed friendly and the front desk guy called after I was in my room for a few minutes to check that everything was okay.

The little entry way and kitchenette had wood floors and the bathroom had tile. The room really appeared brand new.

There was one computer in a small business center that was free to use. It was a nice perk, but the connection was so slow it was almost worthless. It took 5 minutes just to get into my e-mail.

The one issue that left a bad taste in my mouth was that check out is 11:00am and even though I had my do not disturb sign on my door, the maid knocked loudly and woke me up a little after 8:00am! She opened the door, but I had it latched. I yelled to her from my bed that I did not need any housekeeping services.

I work overnights, so I sleep during the day even on days off. So, this maid was waking me up in the middle of my night. Thankfully I was able to fall back into a deep sleep after the interruption until she startled me awake at 10:00am by pounding on my door again. Again I told her I didn't need any housekeeping.

This time, I got up to check that the do not distub sign was still on my door. It was. I then called the front desk to inquire why the maid kept banging on my door. Even though I had a two night reservation at the hotel that bumped me, that hotel had only paid for one night of lodging at Candlewood. So, I had to pack my bags (in the middle of my night) and get out and go to that hotel. I would have stayed, but I had a pre-paid reservation at the other hotel.

I strongly believe that when you have your do not disturb sign up, you should not be bothered until check out time. Waking guests up repeatedly when the room is paid for up until check out time is not good business.

Overall, I would recommend the hotel since it was nice and new. However, don't be surprised if your do not disturb sign is ignored on your check out day.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank trm684
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed April 26, 2010

This hotel is in a great location for me when I visit our office in Brown Deer. It is next to the Holiday Inn Express, where I have stayed before, but I have dietary restrictions so I thought I would try it since there is a full kitchen. The hotel is very clean and quiet and there are restaurants and stores within walking distance. I used the fitness center twice. It was clean and adequate, although it should be bigger to accommodate the weight machine. It's in the same room as the FREE laundry! The staff is extremely friendly and pleasant also. The only problem I had was the second day when I returned to my room, the internet wasn't working. The front desk told me to call the internet provider, which I did, and he said he would call the front desk because there was a problem with the bill! I waited about an hour for it to be working again. The guy at the front desk called and asked if the manager could call me to apologize. I said yes. He never did. Other than that, it was the perfect place for me. The fact that there is no maid service didn't really matter. The bed was comfortable. it had a two burner stove, full size refrigerator with ice maker, and dishwasher. Awesome! Can't wait to return in June!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank MarilynJ6354
New York
Reviewed February 16, 2010

This hotel is very conveniently located to the businesses that I visit, it is quiet, has a full kitchen, 32" TV's. The staff is terrific and always on-hand. The business center and internet is right what I need to get my work done.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed June 10, 2009

This hotel is located far enough off the major streets to make traffic noise a nonissue.
Hotel staff is pleasantly accommodating--they are happy to show rooms before a rental and find the lowest rental price available. The rooms are extremely well-designed--a very spacious work table/eating area is provided as well as large closet areas and flat-screen TVs. I definitely will book my next stay in the Milwaukee area at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place
La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Bayshore Area

Been to Candlewood Suites Milwaukee North Brown Deer/Mequon? Share your experiences!