My wife and I decided to get away from Chicago and drove up to Milwaukee for the Memorial Day weekend. Got a room at the 4 Points Sheraton, good rate too.
The hotel itself is distinctive for having a large circular window that spans about 5 floors of the building. A large hotel with a big parking lot. Not too far from the city, tucked away from the main road. It was quiet, peaceful, restive.
There is no one thing that makes this hotel unique and special but rather a blend of many qualities.
1 - Staff: Very attentive, genuinely friendly and helpful.
2 - The hotel has two swimming pools, one outside and the other indoors - a hot tub too.
3 - Has a good business center with free access. I needed to use it one morning and the whole center had been taken over by kids and the desk clerk after realizing this got those kids off the computers so fast... it was almost embarrassing but I only needed to print some addresses quickly, all the same, most appreciative of the attention I received.
4 - The hotel staff was very courteous and at all times, highly professional, intelligent. This is part of what you pay for when you stay in a nice hotel, so I really appreciate it when you get the finest in customer service and the people working at the 4 Points do it effortlessly. As I say - highly professional, as it should be.
The room was very nice. Big king sized bed. Nice sized tub. Flat panel HD television. This was a romantic getaway so I didn't watch too much television, but I did use their free wi-fi and it was great. Check in and check out was simple and easy.
The hotel doesn't immediately conjure up visions of romance - in fact it is probably a great business hotel - but, if seclusion and quiet in a lush room in a big bed make you feel a little liberated, that's what you get here.
Lots of great restaurants nearby, and downtown Milwaukee is about a 20 minute drive.
The bar at the hotel was nice too, the drinks reasonably priced. The bartender was a bit cold at first but then I found out that it was her first day on the job so it was understandable.
If you like to go exploring and feel so bold, there are lots of beautiful old churches in Milwaukee, and a number of interesting independent coffee houses scattered about town. Milwaukee is a great city to walk in and the river walk is particularly nice.
The 4 Points Sheraton really defines the "hidden gem" category of hotel because it is slightly off the beaten path. Excellent service. Great employees. There are fancier hotels in the Milwaukee area, but I doubt there is one that could offer the level of value and convenience, not to mention great staff as does the 4 Points Sheraton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North is located in the North Shore area, convenient to General Mitchell International Airport. Close to Bayshore Town Center, Bradley Center, and Summerfest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Starwood, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Milwaukee North
- Four Points By Sheraton Milwaukee North Hotel Brown Deer
- Four Points Brown Deer
- Brown Deer Four Points
- Sheraton Brown Deer