“Romantic rest stop north of Milwaukee” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore

Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brown Deer
Chicago
“Romantic rest stop north of Milwaukee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

My wife and I decided to get away from Chicago and drove up to Milwaukee for the Memorial Day weekend. Got a room at the 4 Points Sheraton, good rate too.

The hotel itself is distinctive for having a large circular window that spans about 5 floors of the building. A large hotel with a big parking lot. Not too far from the city, tucked away from the main road. It was quiet, peaceful, restive.

There is no one thing that makes this hotel unique and special but rather a blend of many qualities.
1 - Staff: Very attentive, genuinely friendly and helpful.
2 - The hotel has two swimming pools, one outside and the other indoors - a hot tub too.
3 - Has a good business center with free access. I needed to use it one morning and the whole center had been taken over by kids and the desk clerk after realizing this got those kids off the computers so fast... it was almost embarrassing but I only needed to print some addresses quickly, all the same, most appreciative of the attention I received.
4 - The hotel staff was very courteous and at all times, highly professional, intelligent. This is part of what you pay for when you stay in a nice hotel, so I really appreciate it when you get the finest in customer service and the people working at the 4 Points do it effortlessly. As I say - highly professional, as it should be.

The room was very nice. Big king sized bed. Nice sized tub. Flat panel HD television. This was a romantic getaway so I didn't watch too much television, but I did use their free wi-fi and it was great. Check in and check out was simple and easy.

The hotel doesn't immediately conjure up visions of romance - in fact it is probably a great business hotel - but, if seclusion and quiet in a lush room in a big bed make you feel a little liberated, that's what you get here.

Lots of great restaurants nearby, and downtown Milwaukee is about a 20 minute drive.
The bar at the hotel was nice too, the drinks reasonably priced. The bartender was a bit cold at first but then I found out that it was her first day on the job so it was understandable.

If you like to go exploring and feel so bold, there are lots of beautiful old churches in Milwaukee, and a number of interesting independent coffee houses scattered about town. Milwaukee is a great city to walk in and the river walk is particularly nice.

The 4 Points Sheraton really defines the "hidden gem" category of hotel because it is slightly off the beaten path. Excellent service. Great employees. There are fancier hotels in the Milwaukee area, but I doubt there is one that could offer the level of value and convenience, not to mention great staff as does the 4 Points Sheraton.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Jonathan42

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
WEST CHESTER
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2010

I plan to attend a wedding reception at this hotel in August and attempted to call today (late May) to make a room reservation at the group rate, which I could not do online. "April" answered and transferred me to reservations. After about five minutes on hold I was told by a recorded message that they were not answering and I would be disconnected--and I was. I then called April again, with the same result. Since the telephone was not working I then sent the hotel an email message using the link on its website. That message bounced a few minutes later. Frustrated by now, I telephoned April one more time and insisted on speaking to the manager. "Matt," who said he was the general manager, held me on the phone--too long--while he checked the email and got all the facts of the problem THEY had caused, then finally offered to take my reservation and gave me a confirmation number. He also promised to email me a confirmation number that I would have in a few minutes. That was about three hours ago. Guess? The email message never arrived. Tomorrow I will call the hotel and cancel my reservation, assuming I do indeed have one. They have proven beyond a doubt that they do not want my business. Incidentally, I suggested that Matt ought to at least cut the price after all the problems they caused, but all he offered was an apology. Not good enough!

Stayed May 2010
1 Thank vwdriverWestChester
louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2009

The staff at the Four Points Sheraton is amazing. We had a few problems with the room, namely a moldy smell and broken pay per view movie system. The gracious and friendly Tanya tried to help with the pay per view system, but it still didn't work. But she was so nice about the whole thing, I couldn't get mad. When we checked out, we told Danielle at the front desk about the issues. She apologized sincerely, assured us that the problems would be promptly dealt with, and then offered to take a night off of our bill, saving us about $80. We were quite satisfied at that point. Then, we went to the restaurant for breakfast. About midway through our bagels, we were approached by the restaurant manager. He had heard about our complaints and offered to pay for our breakfast to make up for everything. This was a pleasant surprise.
So, even with the moldly smell and lack of a pay per view movie, we were quite satisfied because the staff really went out of their way to make us happy. I would highly recommend the Four Points Sheraton simply because of the excellent staff!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank yogagirlLA
Middleton WI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

My wife and I recently spent one night here using our Starwood Points. Hotel was clean and staff were personable. No problems or complaints. Very fine hotel for a budget type property.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VisitorFromWI
Oak Park, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2009

We have quite a bit of family in the area, but we will not stay here again. The room was moderately clean. The bed linens are definitely low-grade and barely fit the queen size mattress. I woke up in the middle of the night to find a spider crawling on my face. Some drunk guy woke us up at 3 in the morning, banging on our door and yelling for "Yoplait"? Ugh! There are better hotels in the area for the same money. The staff was very nice, but they need to get the hotel under control!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Northern Virginia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2008

I stayed here for 3 nights for a business meeting a few miles away. It was very clean and the service was stellar -- the staff was unbelievably nice.

The toiletries were decent. However, the tissues were the very scratchy off-price Angel Soft brand and I had to go buy Kleenex to save my nose during allergy season. Also, the hotel could use some kind of little coffee/snack/toiletry shop for the convenience of business travelers.

The free hotel wi-fi worked perfectly throughout my stay.

The hotel does not have free breakfast, but the breakfast they do have is quite tasty.

• Liked — Great service
  • Disliked — Far from downtown, scratchy tissues
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Cranky_Traveler
Prairie du Chien, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2008

Our family was planning a weekend getaway to Milwaukee, primarily for a Brewers/Astros game the Friday night we arrived. We stayed at the Four Points July 25-27, 2008. As a Starwood Preferred cardholder, I had previously booked rooms at the Sheraton in Brookfield but since our son was coming to meet us from Green Bay...we found the location of the Four Points (just off I43) extremely convenient. I booked a two-night stay redeeming my Starpoints. What a pleasant surprise as the hotel and rooms were very nice and spotless! We found the location extremely convenient as there is a small shopping center next door and a variety of restaurants and shopping just up Brown Deer Road. I found the front desk staff helpful when we needed them. We did not dine in the small restaurant or take in drinks in their bar...but it looked very inviting to hotel guests...but with two children we went out instead. We dined one evening at the Outback Steakhouse just up the road and enjoyed simple breakfasts at Denny's and IHOP...as that what the kids wanted. We took a short drive to one of Wisconsin's largest malls...the Mayfair. The directions from the hotel were "spot on" and had no problem getting there and returning. We are returning in late August for another Brewer game and had made reservations at the Sheraton in Brookfield...but after our relaxing stay in Brown Deer, I canceled that reservation and re-booked at the Four Points in Brown Deer. If you stay here you will not be disappointed! A step above other Four Points locations I've seen and stayed at in the past.

• Liked — Location, Cleanliness, Rooms
  • Disliked — No complaints!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Scott326
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brown Deer
Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee N. Brown Deer/Mequon
Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area
Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront
Candlewood Suites Milwaukee North Brown Deer/Mequon
Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Park Place

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore? Share your experiences!