“Nice property!”

Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brown Deer
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Nice property that has been redone in recent years. Only negative is that they chose not to invest in newer shower/bathtub fixtures or toilets. These are still dated and take away from the rest of the room which has been modernized. Don't misinterpret this to mean that they are dirty. They were perfectly fine; they are clean and shower pressure was good. Didn't try restaurant but was surprised when I passed a menu posted at the reception to see that an omelet and coffee would cost $15. Seems high though perhaps in line with other hotels in the area. Nice touch to offer free coffee in the lobby...and decent coffee too! Will definitely stay here again in future business trips to the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Recently stayed at Four Points for a wedding reception and it was really nice. My hotel room was large (I had a room with one king bed and pullout couch) and I had plenty of room for all of my stuff. The bed was probably the best bed I've ever slept on in a hotel!! The bathroom was also very nice and everything was clean.

In the suite, they have the sink outside the bathroom which helped us when getting ready for the wedding. Overall the hotel was very nice and would recommend a stay here. And Matt at the bar was super awesome when a bunch of slightly intoxicated people came out from the wedding to continue the reception. Thanks Matt!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Jim K, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for your comments and staying with us.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at the Four Points as all the hotels by the airport were full. Discovered there was a Paul McCartney concert that evening but who knows why it was so busy in Milwaukee. The Four Points was close to one of my clients so we decided to book the hotel and just drive a bit farther.

The weather that day in July was sweltering but the lobby was nice and cool. Check-in was far from efficient. A women at the front desk called someone else to come help us. He checked each of us in but we had to confirm the rate and ask him for our breakfast voucher (included in our rate). Took him time to find the right voucher I guess. Come to think of it, he never acknowledged my Starwood Gold either. The women kept working and didn't help my colleagues who just waited.

The hotel itself looked fresh and new. Elevators took us up and the room was very modern looking. Two beds, functioning A/C considering the heat outside, work table with several plugs and sufficient lighting. Small fridge and electronic safety deposit box. Room was comfortable and we had free wifi.

I did notice a single glass cup on the floor in the hallway. It sat there until the next morning so I guess they don't check the floors after the cleaning staff has left.

Didn't hear any noise at night, rooms were quiet. Got to use the gym which requires you to walk through the swimming pool which was empty. Gym is small with a few pieces of equipment but was clean and functional.

Had the buffet breakfast in the morning. Small selection but quite sufficient with fresh fruit, cereal, breads, pre made eggs, bacon, etc. Staff were quite friendly.

Check-out was fine, bills were correct. I stay in quite a few hotels for work so overall a decent stay and would have rated higher except for the service items I mentioned.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Jim K, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for your input. I have reviewed your comments about your check-in experience with my Front Office Manager. In-service training has been done to insure your check-in experience is not repeated. It was good to hear you liked our newly renovated hotel. Hope you have an opportunity to stay with us on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at the Four Points in Brown Deer for just one night on July 9th. My wife & I stayed with two 2-year olds and an infant, and booked two rooms which were adjoining. This was a stop-over on our way to northern Michigan via the Lake Express Ferry in Milwaukee. I had stayed at the Four Points previously about 2 years ago. It has been remodeled and was extremely clean and newly polished - at least the spaces that I used were. They had 2-for-1 beers in the bar (much needed with 3 kids 2 & under) and the rooms were very well-appointed. This Four Points location seemed more like the Sheraton or even Westin brands of the Starwood hotel family. The rooms and all amenities were very good. We used room service which was quick and the food was good. We did not use the restaurant in-house due to our pack of kids. The location is very close to the freeway with access to downtown Milwaukee only 15 minutes or so. There is also quite a bit of big box type of shopping very close if you need anything, other local restaurants not far to the east (past the freeway) and a wonderful park with Lake Michigan views that is somewhat hidden, and not super close to the hotel, but within about 10 minutes if you follow the main road east past the freeway and directly into the neighborhood past the freeway and shopping areas....the road curves to the south and eventually comes upon very large residential homes (i.e. mansions) that all back up to Lake Michigan and eventually you come to a nice park; great for kids that needed to stretch and blow some energy off, and for the beautiful view of the lake. I would definately stay at this location again if in the Milwaukee area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We found this hotel to be clean, and the staff to be very friendly. We felt the beds were extremely comfortable and our rooms were clean. We paid an extra fee to our room rate to include breakfast. The breakfast buffet was very limited but sufficient. If you have to pay the $10+ dollars per person charge for the breakfast buffet, then I would go somewhere else.

The hotel was located a bit off the main highway and there was not a lot of nearby sightseeing. However, access was very easy and parking was plentiful. The main entry way was clean and open, and the front desk was helpful. In general, everyone working there seemed to want to make sure that our stay was pleasant.

Our room had a small refrigerator and coffee maker. There was no usable desk other than one that you pulled out from the cabinet that was difficult to use since it took all the space between the wall and the foot of the bed. A free bottle of water was included, nice touch.

The ONLY negative aspect of this hotel is that the walls are EXTREMELY thin. If you stay at this hotel and the other guests are courteous then it will be a pleasant stay. Our first night was very nice. However, our second night was a nightmare. There must have been four or five families that knew each other staying on our floor. It was unbearably loud with kids (little ones and teenagers) running, screaming, and banging doors in the hallway for about two hours. My husband and daughter were at the hotel pool when the same group of kids entered the pool creating unbearable level of raucous and chaos. These kids left wet puddles of water all over the elevator areas, and wet pool towels were scattered all over the hallway on our floor. It was just out of control. I don't think the hotel to blame for the behavior of these families. Just know that the walls are extremely thin and hope for courteous guests.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Jim K, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for your comments. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experirenced your second night with us. I have reviewed your comments with my staff and we have all made a commitment to better manage the situations you discribed. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I usually stay with family in Milwaukee but needed a hotel this time and boy was I glad I found this gem! The cost was easily $40/night less than other area hotels with comparable amenities. I booked a suite for my family of 5 and the hotel brought up a complimentary crib for the baby. Having a door between our room and the main room, with the pull out couch for the kids and the crib, was perfect for a little bit of privacy. The suite was not much more than a regular room. I booked a regular room for my parents, with 2 queen beds, and they loved the place as much as we did. We all agreed that the beds were the most comfortable we've ever had in a hotel, we were trying to check the tags for the brand to replace our mattress at home! The kids loved having both an indoor and outdoor pool. The food from the Bistro was tasty and a good value. Two employees who stood out for us were Matt, the bartender, and Devin, who delivered a few different items to our room over the course of our stay. You can tell that the employees want to be there and truly care about the customer experience. The owner of this hotel is doing everything right. The property is newly remodeled, has great amenities, a friendly staff, and comfortable surroundings. I will definitely stay there again and I raved about it to all of my Milwaukee friends and relatives.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments and staying with us.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The main hotel is nice, descent restaurant and bar area. The guest room I was in could sleep 4 however the bathroom was small and had a single sink. Not sure how 4 manage! The insulation was not great.

Room Tip: Ask to be well away from the elevator and in a corner.