“What breakfast was meant to be...”

Original Pancake House
Ranked #5 of 166 Restaurants in Brookfield
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Janesville, Wisconsin
“What breakfast was meant to be...”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My son-in-law and daughter took my wife and I to visit the Pancake House. It was supposed to be a special treat. It was.
I love a good breakfast. This place was created for people like me. Breakfast all day long.
I ordered my favorite breakfast food -- Eggs Benedict. Excellent.
My wife ordered a vegetarian omelet. She gave it a ten on a scale of one to ten.
Others in the party ordered the pecan pancakes. They came eight to an order. Outstanding.
We all wanted to have bacon so we ordered two sides of the meat. Thick and extra tasty.
Even though we arrived after 1:00 in the afternoon on a Sunday, we still had to wait for a reasonable time. No problem.
The service was very good. The price was fair.
Everyone in the party loved it. What more can I say?

• Visited March 2014

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Can't go wrong”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

One of the best breakfast restaurants in Milwaukee. I have consistently had good food whenever I eat here and the service is usually very good. They are always busy on the weekends so make sure you call ahead to avoid a long wait.

Visited January 2014
“Fantastic Breakfast!! Good Service, Big Menu, Great Value”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

We had 10 family members for a Sunday Morning brunch. Although they don't take reservations, you can call 20 minutes in advance and put your name in. That works well. We were seated in about 10 minutes and it was worth the wait. The servings are huge and the food is beyond delicious. The Apple Pancake was to die for and the omelet were also great, as were the regular pancakes. Everyone had a great meal and the service was good and prices were reasonable. This is a great value!!!

Visited January 2014
“If I lived in Brookfield I'd eat breakfast here everyday!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

This is the kind of place you wish was in every town. Delightful from start to finish. Warm and friendly staff very genuine about the service to their customers. They were super busy but seated us right away and never gave us that rushed feeling. Server was fantastic. I had cherry French toast that was out if this world. My sister had potato pancakes that were "frizzled" like our Grandma's were! The men ordered pumpkin pancakes and raved about them. THE COFFEE!!! It had the most amazing flavor. It actually tasted like coffee smells. So glad we went there.

• Visited October 2013
Illinois
“Delicious!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had a wonderful breakfast here and didn't even eat any pancakes. EVERYTHING was good, even the fresh fruit I requested instead of the pancakes. You can't go wrong here. I had ham and eggs and my husband had an omelet - all yummy! The building is charming too. We'll definitely eat here again the next time we're in the Milwaukee area.

• Visited October 2013