“Amazing!”

Ranked #5 of 170 Restaurants in Brookfield
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Best breakfast coffee ever! I had the bacon/eggs/pancake combo. Big thick cuts of bacon, and great pancakes. The first morning our server Carly was fantastic. Quick, efficient, and chipper too.

I loved the offer of coffee to go as well. A must eat place in Brookfield.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Food was excellent & service was friendly and fast. Nice cozy overall atmosphere - we will definitely go again!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My first time to OPH, but obviously by all the cars in the parking lot, it was going to be better than average. We didn't have to wait long, shockingly, even with all the people in line.

The menu is extensive and it's hard to choose because everything looks good. I thought I'd made a choice until the server came to a neighboring table with this enormous (I'm talking the thing filled up the entire plate!) pancake/apple delight. The Apple Pancake. I had to have it - and I'll never be the same. :) Delicious. Marvelous. Embarrassed to say I made quite a dent in it!

My husband had the Dutch Baby and was equally in heaven.

We were visiting WI and thought this was just a midwest thing and am happy to say we just found one in Seattle. This could be trouble!

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

For it being my first time in an OHOP, I came in with low expectations. Quickly we were seated even amongst a sea of patrons swaying and chattering away. Our server approached and took our drink orders. Deftly she carried a platter filled with cups and more with nary a shiver laid out our cups and poured our coffees with a smile and chat. When our food arrived about ten short minutes after ordering we lit up with delight as the food was pleasing to the eye and more quickly to the palate. Upon loosening our belts a notch ( two for me;)...) we got our bill and were happy to tip well and leave with a smiling groan of effort to remove ourselves from the table...all in all this is what a breakfast should be like. As it was, so shall it be....we'll be returning again when possible!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My first visit to the Original Pancake House was a definite experience - you do need to be prepared to wait - people constantly coming and staying and waiting up to an hour for a seat, maybe longer with a large group. We called in advance and placed our name on the list since we had a big group. Food was amazing - my daughter had the kids pancakes (3) with bacon (2) - we asked to have chocolate chips added - no problem ($4.95) and it came with butter, chocolate syrup and home made whip cream (DELICIOUS). I had the scrambler - scrambled eggs cooked with three items of my choice (I had cheese, broccoli and mushrooms) and the house potatoes - wow, I didn't finish the scrambler and definitely finished the amazing potatoes ($9.95). The only downer (for me) was the soft drinks - the soft drinks are the mini cans of soda, thus, no refills. There was a carafe of ice water on the table though. By the way, Colleen (waitress) is the best!