“Wonderful for Families! HUGE MENU!”

Maxim's Family Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 166 Restaurants in Brookfield
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This restaurant is great for families, seniors and friends! The menu truly something for everyone and the portions are huge! Large seating area so normally no waiting. It is harder to find a place to parking than to get a table sometimes. Wait staff is always friendly and helpful.

1  Thank SouthernJewelryGirl
There are newer reviews for Maxim's Family Restaurant

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Maxim's is the Brookfield stop for consistently good food, clean dining and servers who go out of their way to make you feel at home. The breakfast, lunch or dinner menus are extensive and delicious and more than generous. Want a special food preparation? Just ask! No charge for have food done just the way you prefer it! The cleanliness and wait staff courtesy are top-notch. Children's menus are available. This family friendly restaurant is the go to place for many in the county. Sunday morning breakfast are busy--be forewarned. However, the wait is never very long. Stop in and enjoy a meal at this Wisconsin gem!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have eaten here 5 - 6 times in past couple years. This is a must stop for my wife. She loves the fresh little breads and of course the main meal as well. Kind of like a diner with lots of selections. So our party of four had a fresh strawberry salad, a tilapia fish dinner and two of the Greek combo plates. Each of us had more food than we needed but each entry was great.
My wife and I just love the Greek platter. More gyro, kebabs and Greek salad than you can eat and it is ALWAYS excellent. The gyro is never overcooked and dry but done just right. Lots of cucumber sauce (tazziki SP? sauce). We took extra food home and the next evening we finished it off and were completely satisfied we had enough to eat. My wife thought the soup was a little salty so I ended up with two cups of great mushroom soup.
By the way the fish dinner came with lots of very nicely cooked fresh veggies. Unfortunately the person that ordered it hates veggies - so lucky us the rest of us ate them and really enjoyed them.
Many years ago I was introduced to this place as a go to place to eat fish fries on Friday nights. Once I found the Greek combo platter I do not look at anything else on the menu. Shame on me but it really is just that good. Yes the fish fry is also very good.

1  Thank wacotom
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stopped in one night last week, as we felt like getting out, but no one could decide on where or what to eat. We all agreed that Maxims would be the best, since they had a big menu to choose from. Husband ordered liver and onions dinner, which is a staple on their menu. Daughter ordered the rib dinner. I ordered a gyro sandwich. Since Hubby and Daughter ordered a dinner, Hubby received a fresh side salad and Daughter, a big bowl of tortilla soup and a loaf of bread. Salad looked very fresh and full of lots of garnish. Tortilla soup was stacked with cheese and looked very creamy. Water person was very attentive. Main dishes arrived in pace. All were eye appealing and turned out to also be delicious. I had so much lamb stacked on my pita bread, that I had to pull 1/2 of it on the side to eat it. Tons of cucumber sauce for the garnish. Hubby totally enjoyed his liver and onions, along with a baked potato and lots of carrots, broccoli and other veggies mixed. Daughter could hardly finish the rack of ribs and ate all of the veggie mix, but skipped most of the mash potato. Dessert was offered, dinners came with ice cream or 1/2 off their array of gorgeous and tasty homemade torts, cake and pies. Hubby had a dish of spumoni and Daughter had a big piece of Butterfinger layer cake. All in all the experience was very relaxed and pleasant. Walked out with doggy bags, full and content.

1  Thank mints2013
Reviewed June 20, 2014

From a vegetarian perspective it's not fantastic, it's what you'd expect from a family restaurant. Not a lot of choices if you're sans meat. I got the vegetarian gyro and wasn't too thrilled. It was pretty bland but not awful, kind of like a grilled vegetable sandwich and it was a mess to eat and falling apart. I'd go safe and get a breakfast option next time omelette/pancakes. My other two family members got a burger and fish, they were satisfied. It'll fill you up.